BFHQ says i have 0 points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BFHQ says i have 0 points?

this is what ea tech support told me last week, but I still cant get it working

Question Reference #060214-006533
    Subject: For the last 4 weeks my BFHQ has shown all my stats at zero as if I had just ...
    Platform & Game: PC
    Battlefield 2 and Expansion
    Battlefield 2
    Category: Technical Support
    Online Play Issue
    Send Email Type: Simplified (My Stuff Reply / No Threads)
    Submitted: 02/14/2006 03:14 PM
    Last Updated: 02/18/2006 08:37 AM

Discussion Thread
    Response (GM Malachite) 02/18/2006 08:37 AM
    Greetings, Soldier!

We believe the issue you are facing can be caused by a time out request at login to the Battlefield 2 stats server. When you log into BF2 the game asks for information from several servers. First the Login server is used to authenticate your username and password once that is done, the stat server is polled and player data is sent to your BFHQ. If you are playing during peak time, or your connection to the stat server is not the best, then it is possible for the stat request to time out. (In other words be forgotten or missed its opportunity to receive the data). This can cause your BFHQ to experience issues.

If you are experiencing no data in your BFHQ (all zeros) or are seeing gibberish or extremely high numbers then this time out could be the cause. It can normally be solved by logging out and back in a few times to make sure that your stat poll request is being sent back and completed. Players on dialup or overseas may have to do this a few times during peak hours.

Playing on ranked servers while having issues with your BFHQ will not stop you from being awarded points at the end of the round. So even if you cant see your stats youll still be able to play and gain stats.

This issue can also be caused by the port assigned to requesting stats being used by the game being blocked by a firewall or something similar such as a router. Please make sure that port:80 is not blocked and that if you use a router that the port is forwarding correctly.

Also just to be on the safe side and to guarantee that your issue is not related to file corruption, you can perform the following steps:

1) Open your My Documents folder.
    2) Right-click on your Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
    3) Start the game and see if your issue has been resolved.

You will not lose any information, as your statistics, rank, and nicknames are stored on our servers, but you may need to retrieve your account information again at login. Please let us know if the above does not work for you.

Sincerely,

GameMaster Malachite
    Battlefield 2
    EA Online Support

Comment

Working...
    X