Coming Soon - The Duel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon - The Duel

From the Duo who brought you 'Infiltration' comes a new BF2 Mini-Movie, THE DUEL.

Filmed in under 2 hours this short film is designed for some short lived entertainment while demonstrating the Huge advantages of Senap's BattleLauncher with High Definition 2.35:1 Widescreen (1280x545 Video Resolution) while at the same time sporting amazing graphics with Full High BF2 Graphics and 6X Anti-Aliasing while maintaining a CONSTANT 30FPS.

We're aiming for a Weekend release so keep your eyes peeled and be prepared to say goodbye to Choppy Low-Resolution, Terrible Frag Movies.

Now I just totally gave ALOT of praise to a movie that isn't finished yet, oh well, isn't that what 'marketing' is all about?

Re: Coming Soon - The Duel

Originally posted by NeoRicen
    isn't that what 'marketing' is all about?
    Yeah it is, but sometimes hype is negative. You want to aim for people to have little or no expectations when they first watch the movie (so they can enjoy the movie fully). If they have to high of an expectation, they will most likley dislike it (since they expect even more from it). I am sure you can find some hollywood movies that went about doing that, or even you experienced this yourself when you watch movies..

Just a little tidbit of info

Comment

Yeah I realise that, in fact I've started the Movie over again because it wasn't living up to what I jsut said, it will still probably be released on Sunday at least though.

Comment

GO Neo i can't wait for this one mate its gounna be awesome

Comment

Not want to change topics here.. but do you have a link to "Infiltration"? Sounds interesting and I haven't seen that one.

Looking forward to "The Duel" though

Comment

Sounds like a great movie.

Though let's try and clean up this forum a bit, and only post screenshots, movies, videos, etc. If/when you get a trailer, then it will probably be fine to make a thread advertising your video, =)

~Salad

Comment

Well It's taking longer than I thought so it will be out pretty late tonight (however I live in Australia so it will be out I think around Mid-Sunday for Americans)
              In the meantime enjoy these screens. They are taken directly from the recorder so dont look compressed but I hope to get quality as good as possible.

Sorry bout the Image size, can someone tell me how to fix it or a moderator fix it for me?

EDIT: Nevermind, they seem to resize themselves.

Comment

Nice, I'll watch it tomorrow, since I live in US

Comment

That looks great. Can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by Senap
                    Not want to change topics here.. but do you have a link to "Infiltration"? Sounds interesting and I haven't seen that one.

Looking forward to "The Duel" though

I found the link Infiltration

Comment

hmmm, at 122 MB for 5 minutes of footage I'd rather download for content and runtime rather than quality.
                      It's nice that you can make a selling point by having the highest detailed videos around, but It would be nicer to see a smaller version, or just a 20 clip from the high version so I know what to expect.
                      This doesn't mean I won't download it, just not download right now. The wait is too long and I need all of my internet speed right now.

Comment

I had Codec problems with Infiltration from Day 1 and had a lot of trouble getting a good size. A smalelr version of infiltration is unlikely because I lost the Original files etc. so Id have to recompress the video into a much smalller file which would make the video look terrible. In contrast to the Duel the video quality is absolutely awful, couldnt get a codec to work properly, forgot to put graphics on high etc. So I completely understand if you dont download Infiltration.
                        Im doing the duel in HD High Quality etc. but I will also release a smaller version for people who don't care.

Also sorry about the delay, been much busier than I expected. It's coming soon I promise.

Comment

Hey, I'm still looking forward to the duel, don't let me put the pressure on you to finish it fast, just find a nice codec and keep hold of all the source files until your first downloader can verify that they can view it.

I did download infiltration after all. I found it good for 5 minutes, the story, the music (Metal Gear Solid in battlefield, heheh!) was all great.
                          Surprisingly, I didn't have any trouble opening the video, it was just difficult to see it through a light haze which sorta ruined the whole "widescreen, epic cinema" style.
                          The sound needs a bit of polishing and the credits were drawn out too long for my liking, I was actually thinking about the wasted megabytes and time spent downloading while looking at scrolling text. Bad luck on your codec’s part.
                          But still, live an learn, your next part will be much better I imagine. And the whole "mini-story" really appeals to me.

Comment

Well with Infiltration I exported in a crappy windows format from BF2 as I was shaving trouble with DivX then I exported out of Premiere with Divx and Premiere's export quality is just bad on DivX and videos on Foggy levels such as Songhua come out looking really bad, I had a similar problem with fog on a Rome:Total War movie.
                            Anyway The Duel is a few hours a way as Im fiddling with codecs to get a good mix of Quality and Filesize. I found good music that isnt the generic Rock music people always put in movies but some people may like that so sorry. Current run-time is 2 Minutes without credits.

Comment

Working...
                            X