question about unlocks (confused)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about unlocks (confused)

heres my problem: i insatlled special forces and started to play the other day.
    after a while, i got ranked up and i finished that game and went to the bfhq to choose my new unlock. i usually always play support and i had already unlocked the pkm from regular bf2. i looked through the unlocks and noticed that there was a new support gun, the MG36 i think or something like that, (the same one that the SAS support guy has) so i chose that one. Now when i start to play a game, i can only choose between the pkm and the army im playing's support gun, the MG36 is not an option. Did i just waste an unluck or am i missing something?

Re: question about unlocks (confused)

If you truly unlocked the SF support gun (and then, for good measure, logged out and then back in again), then it must just be a server glitch. Try other servers. <shrug>

I use the MG36 all the time in vBF2. First click gives me the PKM, second click gives me the MG36, and then the third click takes me back to the default gun.

EDIT: BTW, only the PKM will be selectable in SF games. The MG36 is only "selectable" in vBF2 games.

Comment

ahhh that would help i take it vBF2 stands for vanilla bf2? thanks alot that solves the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Clownfetus
        ahhh that would help i take it vBF2 stands for vanilla bf2? thanks alot that solves the problem
        Yeah. The SF unlocks are only usable on standard BF2 servers.

It's EA's ingenious marketing scheme to make the game unbalanced and force everyone to buy the x-pack to at least feel that they have an even chance against the other players. :wall:

<sigh>

Comment

thanks again

Comment

I have the same problem withe the medic unlock (g36e ithink ) in some servers it is available and in a some it is not, a little annoying

Comment

So you need to play MP the SF maps to get the SF unlocks right? Just because you have unlocks on the vBF2 maps..it doesn't transfer?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Hudson
                It's EA's ingenious marketing scheme to make the game unbalanced and force everyone to buy the x-pack to at least feel that they have an even chance against the other players.
                You don't need to buy SF to unlock the weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Hudson
                  BTW, only the PKM will be selectable in SF games. The MG36 is only "selectable" in vBF2 games.
                  Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Comment

I really don't understand the logic behind this, I get the whole "use the unlocks in plain BF2" thing, but why can't you use them if you're playing Special Forces expansion on say the MEC team with your second tier unlocks,

I have everything unlocked yet it won't let me use any of my second tier unlocks whenever I want.

Comment

I hope they fix that in v1.2

Comment

Originally posted by element365
                        You don't need to buy SF to unlock the weapons.
                        Technically, no, but personally, I consider using a "friend's" copy to register with the master server that you have played an SF round akin to piracy. (And please, no flamewars or debates. I concede others--like you, for instance--will have both differing and valid opinions.)

Originally posted by PsYcHo.KiLLa
                        Shouldn't it be the other way around?
                        In SF, the MG36 is only available if you are playing the country/side that utilizes that gun (I don't remember which it is--SAS maybe?). Of course, all vBF2 unlocks (PKM, G36C, L85A1, etc.) are available to you in SF regardless of what country/side you are currently playing.

Comment

Working...
                        X