• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what about name tag bug

why isent this on the ea fixes list for 1.2 patch

Re: what about name tag bug

Originally posted by Gabe
    why isent this on the ea fixes list for 1.2 patch
    It's not a full patch list, but I don't think they've figured it out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck
      It's not a full patch list, but I don't think they've figured it out yet.

indeed, there are many many other things they fix in the patch, but I think if they would of solved this one they would of mentioned it

Comment

to bad, this is one thing that bothers me, second is nade launcher, thats about it, i also dont like the stingers now, and wont like them even more, it seems like their powerfull enough as it is now, helo flying wont exist in the new patch

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
          indeed, there are many many other things they fix in the patch, but I think if they would of solved this one they would of mentioned it
          IMO, this should have been somewhere in the top two priority list, as a matter of fact, there shouldn't even be a patch until they can fix this.

Comment

It was #1 on the list according to the mods at EA UK and you would really prefer to see no patch until this was fixed even if it took several more months to fix?

Comment

Red tag buy is 2 advanced probably for them to fix lol. Give em a few months and they will have it sorted

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                It was #1 on the list according to the mods at EA UK and you would really prefer to see no patch until this was fixed even if it took several more months to fix?
                Yes, I would have rather waited. I have sorted the game play issues, so I am not effected by the majority of "problems" most whiners seem to fixate on. If the game play is getting bad, ie; C4 chucking too much, too many tubes going of, I 1) leave the server, and go to one in my favorites that caters to how I feel like playing or 2) "When in Rome" it. Personally, I'd rather take down jets with jets, the AA I use to annoy them enough to give our guys some space to move, if I kill them it's a plus, when on the ground helo guns are my concern, not the rockets, when in a tank, the TV missle is my concern, not the rockets. There's a nice small list of actual bugs in the game that shoud have been addressed as opposed to adjusting the game play. Though I guess we'll all have to wait and see won't we.

Comment

Yep !

I was hoping that they have been releasing information concerning the patch and what was finished recently to hide the fact that they were all working on the red/blue bug.

I fully agree with you though that gameplay issues I can get around and ou can always choose a server to suit your tastes (e.g. FF off/ punish off) but when the red/blue bug pops up you can't do anything about it.

Comment

The onoe thing we do know if that EA/Dice is aware of the problem and are having a hard time tracking it down, as they have admitted in the EA UK forums. I'm guessing that they might have identified a possible fix to it and have added that to the code in the patch but are not 100% sure that it has fixed the problem, therefore they will not add it to the list of fixes. If this is the case I expect a couple of threads appearing in various places asking for feedback on the bug post patch.

Comment

Red tag bug is annoying until it happens so many times to you that you get used to it. I realized that a red name guy thats running with my guys and shooting at the other team is prolly on my team.

And yea I experiance little to no of these exploits such as c4 chucking and dolphin diving. But yea AA needs a fix and nerfing the gl with the blast radius is just plain dumb.

Comment

Usually if you're the one effected you can log off the server and log back in and it will be corrected. I have been to servers serveral times thought that seem to be infected really bad with it. One is so bad I was TKed five times before I could kill one enemy. This same server also has the no name tag bug AND the enemy w/blue tag....all going at the same time hahahaha, makes for some interesting play.

There's also a bug where if you were on a team in a squad, and you switch teams, you old squad on the other team can still "see" you on the minimap and you show up green tagged, so they can follow you on the map the whole game. It is also the reason of the seven man squads sometimes. I buddy I was playing with when this happened to me followed me around the map till he found me, and stood in front of me typed what was happening, though it was funny. Next round it happened to someone that was in my ssqaud, he was balanced over to the other side, but he was still green to me, and I could see him everywhere he went.

Comment

there are many many other things they fix in the patch!!!!!!!!...........

Comment

tw1g I did just that last night. The mini-map was telling me that my SL was red but just held back from shooting when I realised that it couldn't possible be true.

Comment

Red tag bug is annoying until it happens so many times to you that you get used to it. I realized that a red name guy thats running with my guys and shooting at the other team is prolly on my team.
                              On top of that, he is wearing the same uniform!

That's how I determine now. Sure, every once in a while I will see a guy and kill him because his name is red. . . but once I see that it was a TK, I never kill him again, I become more careful. Often times, as you have said, you can figure it out before long before you shoot at him like he is running with everyone else on your team.

Comment

Working...
                              X