Mines not Detonating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mines not Detonating

So a funny thing happened on a Karkand only server last night.

I was laying mines and an enemy APC ran over the lain mines to no effect.
    This happened a couple of times.

WTF, I thought the mines had proximity fuses? at least it does when I'm driving.

Is there a hack out there causing this or am I missing something?

Cheers,
    Dogboy

PS Oh and |LB| Pussywagon you are a TKing armor whoring ****! Just had to get that off my chest.

Re: Mines not Detonating

Watch the tanks treads closely. The tank might be running over the mine, but not the teads.

Comment

Keep in mind that the mines take 5 seconds to arm.

Comment

Ok, so there has to be physical contact with the mines, check.

I'll remeber that next time. It seems like those detonate by just looking at them when i'm in the Drivers seat:hmm:

Cheers,,

Comment

The best way to lay mines is in pairs, about 5 feet apart. Then if the tank goes to that area, there is no way of avoiding them.

Comment

The best way to lay mines is in pairs, about 5 feet apart. Then if the tank goes to that area, there is no way of avoiding them.

Comment

Keep in mind that the mines take 5 seconds to arm.
              I'm willing to bet it's that

Watch the tanks treads closely. The tank might be running over the mine, but not the teads.
              It doesn't matter whether the treads touch the mine or not, a mine inbetween the treads/wheels of any vehicle is fine too.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

When I play Engineer I hardly make mine fields due to the fact that most of the time they find my guys before the bogies, so I'm a little slow on the uptake.

I agree it probably is the 5 second fuse that I didn't know about.
                Cheers,

Comment

The mines have trip sensors, and that explains why you can run over one with a vodnik, have the wheels on either side of it, and it will still blow up. People can't set if off (that would be plain stupid)

Comment

Working...
                  X