Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spawn point selection does not register sometimes. Glitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawn point selection does not register sometimes. Glitch?

This has nothing to do with the other spawn point thread.

Every once in awhile when I die, I'll select a spawn point from the spawn menu and wait for the astronomically long 15 second penalty to subside. Then when the counter hits 0 nothing happens. No respawn. I check the spawn menu again and see that the CP I have chosen to spawn at does not have the "ticked" icon that indicates I have chosen that CP as a spawn point. After a few curse words at DICE games, I click the same CP spawn point again, click done and I'm magically alive ready to be base raped by the lonewolf hiding in the outskirts of the base in an APC. Ok, the APC thing is an unfunny joke, but this is a really annoying bug and it seems to rear its ugly head randomly throughout the game (especially at the begining of the round when spawning as quickly as possible matters the most). I have cooked up a workaround for it which is basically bringing up the spawn menu, selecting a spawn point, click done and repeat once more so that it actually registers. Unfortunately I find that I do this all the time now which is a hassle and should not have to be done. Anyone else getting this crap?

Re: Spawn point selection does not register sometimes. Glitch?

Everyone else is getting this. The worse offender of this glith is the Zarar Wetlands map. You have to click (usualy) off the spawn point itself below and to the left to get in, sometimes it works quickly other times not so quickly.

Comment

sometimes I have to click it more than once to get back into game .. aggrevating to say the least

Comment

did u guys actually click "done" to close the spawn map?

if u hit enter to close it, u should have no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by x0pht
          did u guys actually click "done" to close the spawn map?

if u hit enter to close it, u should have no problems.
          I do both sometimes and I still get the glitch.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
            I do both sometimes and I still get the glitch.
            then no idea. cuz i had the same problem as urs before. then i noticed u had to exactly click on the word "done" to prevent the selected spawn point from being unselected. so i started to hit enter to close the map, it's been workin fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by x0pht
              then no idea. cuz i had the same problem as urs before. then i noticed u had to exactly click on the word "done" to prevent the selected spawn point from being unselected. so i started to hit enter to close the map, it's been workin fine for me.
              Well, I actually prefer to click done so I can have my fingers rested on WASD and my hand on the mouse ready to pwn whatever spawn campers are in my way, but that's just a little nitpick. Either way I get the glitch no matter what I click or press to respawn.

Comment

Working...
              X