Can't select spawn point!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't select spawn point!

Problem happened on Sunday, PC blue screened whilst playing. Re-booted and logged in as normal, selected server which then loaded the map. The problem is that I can't move my mouse to select the spawn point. Other people seem to be playing ok behind the spawn map. I can't use escape to go to the options menu either, I have to kill the program and re-load.I tried logging on to different servers but still the same problem. Thought I would try playing in single player mode, this works no worries. I then set up another online account and that works fine.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Re: Can't select spawn point!

Its the game mate its buggy as hell only thing i can suggest is a reinstall if that dosnt work try contacting E.A. support and explain to them what youve already tryd.

Comment

No clue. My game dumped me to the BSOD the other day as well. Since then my system has been out of sync.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbleovski
        Problem happened on Sunday, PC blue screened whilst playing. Re-booted and logged in as normal, selected server which then loaded the map. The problem is that I can't move my mouse to select the spawn point. Other people seem to be playing ok behind the spawn map. I can't use escape to go to the options menu either, I have to kill the program and re-load.I tried logging on to different servers but still the same problem. Thought I would try playing in single player mode, this works no worries. I then set up another online account and that works fine.

Anyone know what the problem could be?
        What ram do you have?, you need at least 2gig, at the very least?

Comment

2Gb of RAM? Because he can't select a spawn point?

When this happens you need to either :

a) Delete your profiles in the /my docs/BF2/ folder

or

b) Reset your controls to 'default' and then map them back to they way you had them.

Comment

Duh. I have only 1 gig of ram and it runs fine. controling mouse is not a memory problem.

Comment

Originally posted by markus1012
              What ram do you have?, you need at least 2gig, at the very least?
              Don't listen to him, thats total bull, you can do just fine with 512mb like me.

Comment

if its just the mouse on one account it kinda suggests youve accidentally disabled the mouse in controls or the config file is corupt

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
                  Don't listen to him, thats total bull, you can do just fine with 512mb like me.

True, but a 1 gig for my computer was desperatly needed. 2 gigs is just a way for the computer industry to make some extra money with these games.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan

or

b) Reset your controls to 'default' and then map them back to they way you had them.
                    like this guy said.

since u can play fine on a new account, it seems very likely that there's some problems in ur profile files for some reasons. delete them, then start the game. it should resolve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ace4u
                      Duh. I have only 1 gig of ram and it runs fine. controling mouse is not a memory problem.
                      Yeah...

Comment

Before this gets any further...try clicking a little left of the spawn point you want to start at next time.

I have noticed that sometimes, the screen and the game area are off by a little. You'll notice it more as commander when you're trying to drop arty or UAV, and it's off to the left of where you clicked. I've had this happen a few times, and just adjust where I am clicking on the screen and it always works. Next time you load the map it may be fixed also.

Comment

GO into options>controls and click "Set to Default" everything should work then. It seems to me that your keys have been unbound...

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                            2Gb of RAM? Because he can't select a spawn point?

or

Just a thought einstein!

Comment

I had a Pentium 4 at 2.6, 512 RAM, and a 6800. Biggest Piece of crap system, and it ran fine. It's not the system, it's the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X