BF2 Dual Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Dual Core

Is EA planning on doing anything to bf2 to improve dual core cpu's performance. i have bad cpu problems with bf2 because i have a dual core liek freezing and bad glitchy play at the start of the round

Re: BF2 Dual Core

Originally posted by Souljah^
    Is EA planning on doing anything to bf2 to improve dual core cpu's performance. i have bad cpu problems with bf2 because i have a dual core liek freezing and bad glitchy play at the start of the round
    no, they aren't going to do that, and your freezing in beginning of the round is because you need more RAM .

Comment

Your CPU have two cores is not hurting you in anyway.

If anything it would help you.

Anyway, you more than likely need more ram or a better video card.

Atleast go and learn something about computer hardware before you get on here asking for coding that wouldnt even be plausible for any purpose.

Comment

I have dual core and there is a know issue with BF2. It is suggested that you run the BF2.exe on just one CPU.

To do this, run BF2, open Windows Task Manager (hold Control-Shift-Escape at the same time), go to the Processes tab, find BF2.exe and right click on it. Select Set Affinity, then uncheck CPU 1 leaving just CPU 0 checked.

Certainly made an improvement for me, especially after a few rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJordus

Atleast go and learn something about computer hardware before you get on here asking for coding that wouldnt even be plausible for any purpose.
          Actually there has been a number of threads with people having dual processors and issues as well as way to resolve it..

At least know what you are talking about before offering BS advice.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJordus

do you even know what your talking about. i have 1gb of cas2 ram so that shuld be good enuf

Comment

Working...
            X