(Admin-related) BFRecorder on Dedicated Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Admin-related) BFRecorder on Dedicated Server

Okay, we've got BFRecorder setup on a dedicated server that our clan runs. However, I have a question about starting up a demo when I want. When I try to use the demo.recorddemo command - it says that it cannot do it as a client. I logged into rcon, no luck. Is there any way to tell the server when I want to start recording a demo?

This is a problem for me because generally "setting up" a situation takes 3-5 minutes, and that's 3-5 minutes I have to sit through every time I want to record a scene from an alternative angle. 30-45 filming sessions can easily turn into 3+ hour sessions with the extra footage on it - especially when most "scenes" take only 20-40 seconds to film, anyways.

Alternatively, is there anyway to "skip ahead" on a demo besides using the fast forward feature (which sucks)? Like trim off the unneeded parts?

Re: (Admin-related) BFRecorder on Dedicated Server

Yeah, I do that already. But like I said, for 3-4 minutes of setting everything up, I take 20-40 second filming times.

I believe I figured it out (using BF2CC). What's the in-game command via RCON to start/stop demos?

Comment

If you log in as RCON it WILL work, Ive done it.

BUt, if you are remote admin you need to type 'rcon exec' before everything so 'demo.recorddemo demoname' will become 'rcon exec demo.recorddemo demoname'

Comment

Originally posted by NeoRicen
        If you log in as RCON it WILL work, Ive done it.

BUt, if you are remote admin you need to type 'rcon exec' before everything so 'demo.recorddemo demoname' will become 'rcon exec demo.recorddemo demoname'
        Sweet! That's precisely what I was looking for. I totally forgot about the "rcon exec" - which is just due to my limited time admining the server.

Thanks a ton, hopefully I'll get a sweet new video up here in a few days!

Comment

Looking forward to it

Comment

Working...
          X