Why are jets rockets so crap for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are jets rockets so crap for me?

Please help. When I'm on the ground, running around (well, for 10 seconds and then walking everywhere - thought these guys were fit), I get absolutely battered by jets. Try getting into a tank, or jeep, or heli, and boom!, I'm dead from a single jet flying past.... however, when I get in a jet and fly around at a thousand miles an hour my missiles are flippin' useless. I get lock and shoot at a heli, the missile flies straight passed. I'm chasing another plane, get lock and fire, and one small smooth turn by the enemy and the rocket just carries on straight. Why? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
    b6x

Re: Why are jets rockets so crap for me?

Practice.

You have to have enough distance between you and the target. Shoot late = miss.
    Your target should be moving AWAY from you (or at least parallel to you) for greatest effect.
    Make sure to WAIT until your target releases their flares before firing.
    Another jet can easily evade your missiles by turning sharply.

Comment

ah, thats probably my problem then. I don't have joystick so fly with k/b and mouse, so pretty much flat out all the time in terms of speed... by the time I lock and fire, I'm normally pretty close to flying past the target. Need to try and slow down a tad, although not easy with just the keyboard.

Thanks once again Talus!
      b6x

Comment

Well, there are TONS of GREAT keyboard/mouse pilots. All it takes is practice.

Me? I'm a joystick user Gotta LOOOOOOOOVE that throttle!

Comment

Make sure you are making proper bombing runs. Flying around erratically and firing as soon as you lock on is bad. Flying with K/B and mouse are fine, its just more difficult to make complicated moves is all.

Comment

Use your Guns!!!!! Not just the A/A Missles....

Comment

Working...
            X