Tired of bad netcode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of bad netcode?

I think we can all agree on that BF2 is a great game, but the netcode is somewhat ruining the gaming experience for a bunch of us, I mean how many times have you been rubberbanding, how many times have your favorite server been crashing on one night?

Sign this petition in the hope of getting a better gaming experience..

Re: Tired of bad netcode?

Signed.

Unfortunately, petitions like these rarely have an effect on the developers - unless you get like 100 000+ signatures.

Comment

55 Signatures Total Wow! At this rate they should fix the code by BF12

Comment

Originally posted by j-train
        55 Signatures Total Wow! At this rate they should fix the code by BF12
        Do it for the grandchildren...

Comment

This petitions are usless but I do support your ideas, the problems with Bf2 are getting fixed by Dice/Ea counterparts listening to the community to bring out 1.2. Same with this, the game is a resources hog and is sloppily programmed and has to meaning to the word efficient. I hope they fix all problems esp. netcode.

Comment

Originally posted by shpox
            This petitions are usless

I mean, why not give it a shot, if more people signed this, it would be a eye opener for EA, ofcourse they would have to go the last few steps, but still..

Comment

errr i dont see what is the problem with the netcode ...... probably one of the best i've seen, i played once in an american server with 120 ping and i could barelly notice any lag at all....

Comment

Yeah, what`s wrong? On the servers I play, I get a ping of 14 to like 70. The net code rules, as well as the 39 other players

Comment

I am not talking ping, I am talking massive server crashes/disconnects, rubber band lag etc.

Those issues are not server issues but netcode issues..

Comment

I think the "C4 switch" bug is part of the netcode problem. It's named for C4 simply because most people notice it there, but the server/client don't seem to be synced that well with what's going on with your screen and what the server sees. In extreme situations, I've killed people, yet my gun said I had no bullets. The server still saw my gun as it was supposed to be, but the client suddenly was like "OMG NO MORE CLIPS" when I knew I had a couple more remaining.

Netcode or the way the game handles input, not sure which direction I would lean on the "C4 switch" bug, but I would imagine getting the netcode optimized somewhat would alleviate other things as well. (such as missiles passing through tanks and aircraft, as the server often sees them in a different location, which is usually much further off than what a general delay from your ping would be, resulting in you seeing a TOW missile go straight through that T-90 rolling your way)

Comment

Honestly, I don't tihnk it's "netcode". I have been on servers that played flawlessly for many, many nights. If it were just the code, it wouldn't be limited to specific servers, some of which I find to be more prone to problems than others.

Comment

personally i dont believe thier is anything wrong with the net code. sure, im in the uk and if i try and play on west coast servers i have a ping around the 150 mark, and i have trouble. most servers i frequent i ping under 30, usually in the 12-20 area, and i have no problems whatso ever.

most of the problems you find on line in most games are not due to bad coding - its due to servers trying to run too many players, bad conections/routings, or the fact people playing the games are trying to play with the graphics turned up too high. get that fps up above your refresh rate, turn on vsync to free up the cpu to handle hit detection and networking instead of just churning out another 3 fps..

most other problems are caused by latency - which unless your on a lan, cant be solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse
                          I think the "C4 switch" bug is part of the netcode problem. It's named for C4 simply because most people notice it there, but the server/client don't seem to be synced that well with what's going on with your screen and what the server sees. In extreme situations, I've killed people, yet my gun said I had no bullets. The server still saw my gun as it was supposed to be, but the client suddenly was like "OMG NO MORE CLIPS" when I knew I had a couple more remaining.

Netcode or the way the game handles input, not sure which direction I would lean on the "C4 switch" bug, but I would imagine getting the netcode optimized somewhat would alleviate other things as well. (such as missiles passing through tanks and aircraft, as the server often sees them in a different location, which is usually much further off than what a general delay from your ping would be, resulting in you seeing a TOW missile go straight through that T-90 rolling your way)

Had almost the same thing happen to me. I killed a guy on wake running for a j-10. Soon after a medic comes by and revives him. I was reloading and after he moved again a few steps he jsut dropped and it said I killed him again.

Comment

Ya the petitions might not do a whole lot in the end but what does it hurt to try...

Comment

Working...
                            X