A simple solution to the "Noob Tube"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple solution to the "Noob Tube"

Anyone familiar with America's Army (a very fine fps) knows that the under-rifle grenade launcher (m203 for US, ? for Terrorrists) has a safety range of about 50 feet. If BF2 incorporated the M203 safety into gameplay it would help with the noob tube issue dramatically. No more would noobs run up to you and fire their M203 point-blank while jumping backwards to escape the blast radius. Instead, they would hear a little *thunk* as the grenade bounced harmlessly off of their target. They would then be shot in the face repeatedly and t-bagged unmercifully.

I remeber playing a round of AA and after I had died I was "viewing" (3rd person) a noob who had set up a good ambush spot. I laughed hysterically as I watched him try to launch grenades at enemies roughly 30 feet away and one after another the grenades bounced harmlessly off of their targets. I can just picture the poor noob screaming "My nade launcher is BROKEN!" as his corpse was raped repeatedly to the amusement of all.

If anyone knows anyone at EA and DICE suggest this little fix for the next patch and help make the virtual world a better place.

Love, No one loves you. Die.

Re: A simple solution to the "Noob Tube"

Originally posted by KickPhucker
    Anyone familiar with America's Army (a very fine fps) knows that the under-rifle grenade launcher (m203 for US, ? for Terrorrists) has a safety range of about 50 feet. If BF2 incorporated the M203 safety into gameplay it would help with the noob tube issue dramatically. No more would noobs run up to you and fire their M203 point-blank while jumping backwards to escape the blast radius. Instead, they would hear a little *thunk* as the grenade bounced harmlessly off of their target. They would then be shot in the face repeatedly and t-bagged unmercifully.

I remeber playing a round and after I had died I was "viewing" (3rd person) a noob who had set up a good ambush spot. I laughed hysterically as I watched him try to launch grenades at enemies roughly 30 feet away and one after another the grenades bounced harmlessly off of their targets. I can just picture the poor noob screaming "My nade launcher is BROKEN!" as his corpse was raped repeatedly to the amusement of all.

If anyone knows anyone at ES and DICE suggest this little fix for the next patch and help make the virtual world a better place.

Love, No one loves you. Die.
    They already have, patch 1.2 is gonna have this, this is gonna take a LOT of playerz away from assault, since all the noobz that use assault, can't aim for sh*t after like 15 ft.

Comment

Thanks for the update Eddy!
      Damn.....I didn't see that one on the list of stuff they changed but the last time I checked was a couple weeks ago.

No more noob tubes. Thank Jeebus.

Comment

Originally posted by KickPhucker
        Thanks for the update Eddy!
        Damn.....I didn't see that one on the list of stuff they changed but the last time I checked was a couple weeks ago.

No more noob tubes. Thank Jeebus.
        Ya, right now, theres threads all over complaining and discussing the new patch, kinda getting annoying and old, happy that u know that this arming range for the noobtubes have been made.

Comment

Working...
        X