Um...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um...

I am a total newbie to online gaming and I decided to go with BF2 for my first trip out and I have run into my first snag. I have been playing mostly single player so that I don't totally look like a complete tool, recently I've jumped to multiplayer hoping to have more of a challenge. Here's the thing, I've followed the set up instructions that were provided to me with the game, registered a user name through the mulitplayer portion of the game and have played roughly 10-15 hours of multiplayer matches, where I have been on both the losing and winnning sides. I have killed, been killed (quite a bit actually), accidentally killed team members, captured flags and have played in the team spirit as much as possible. And yet, I have not earned a single Global Point according to BFHQ. I musthave missed something in the set-up as I have also gone to several sites which provide stats and my user name does not even show up anywhere, what the heck?!?!?!?!? Can someone please clue me into what I am not doing? I feel it pointless to continue even owning the game if I am not taking full advantage of its offereings. CHEERS!

Aww.. come on simple question, simple answer where's the comradship? I ask where is hte heart?

Re: Um...

Make sure you are playing on RANKED servers. The only way your stats will accumulate is if you play on ranked servers.

Comment

COOL!!! Thanks Titan126!!! Is there any sort of icon or other indication that the server is ranked? Also, this may be the biggest part of the whole equasion, I haven't paid for any sort of registration fee, I saw the reference to Gamespy, and when I went there, Gamespy was proffering service. Is this another needed piece of the jigsaw of my problem?

Comment

I feel it pointless to continue even owning the game if I am not taking full advantage of its offereings
        Pointless?? I've played 100's of hours and have no rank. I've found that ranked servers are full of pointwhores and not teamplayers. I only play on a few unranked servers because they are more into teamplay and not personal scores.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash_Eded
          COOL!!! Thanks Titan126!!! Is there any sort of icon or other indication that the server is ranked? Also, this may be the biggest part of the whole equasion, I haven't paid for any sort of registration fee, I saw the reference to Gamespy, and when I went there, Gamespy was proffering service. Is this another needed piece of the jigsaw of my problem?
          You dont need to pay for anything. Just when you look for servers, make sure they have a rank to the left of their name, its yellow and looks something like this >>. Or you could just check "Ranked" in the filters.

Comment

Thanks cappy!!

Comment

Working...
            X