Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stange problem.....

Hi all here at Total BF2,

I've got a pretty strange problem.... But as my computer is constantly giving me problems I should be used to it, but this one is frustrating and I have no idea what to do.

Ok first off, I open up BF2 go thru the pregame cinematics and stufff... credits... and SHOULD land in the main menu. But instead It appears to freeze as soon as I see the menu, and I can't click any buttons. The background picture is all fuzzy and colorful too.... Then it disapears (screen goes black) but the music continues to play, and then the menu comes back, with a normal background this time. Then after that the screen turns black, the music still plays, and the screen stays infinately black.

Sounds like I'm having lots of fun playing my new game that I got for Christmas eh?

Any suggestions???

EDIT: Oops almost forgot....

My system specs.... Here they are

Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 2.66 Ghz
    Memory: 1GB RAM
    DirectX Version: 9.0c
    System Model: Dimension 2400
    Video Card:RADEON 9250 256 MB

Re: Stange problem.....

okay, your video card is not supported by BF2, I have heard that there are ways to get that specific card to work somehow, but I am not sure. Either look around the forums for an answer about the card, or just upgrade is all I can say to help.

Comment

Then how come in requirements it says Video Card Required: Radeon 8250 or above???

I have heard this before someone explain more.

Comment

if you notice, it doesnt say "8250 or above" it says 8500, 9000, 9500. If you notice it leaves our the 9200 series from the list. There is I THINK a way to get it to work, but Im not sure, if your card is AGP though, and you have 120$ to spare you can get an excellent 6600gt.

Comment

Either update your motherboard drivers or find a way to force 4X AGP.

Comment

Update Bios ? Can't think of anything else.

Comment

I have a friend who had this EXACT problem and downloading and installing the latest chipset drivers for his motherboard fixed it.

But updating your BIOS wouldn't be a bad idea...but do the chipset driver update FIRST..less risky

Comment

Where would I download the latest chipset drivers? And what's a BIOS?

I thought I knew a bit about computers... guess not lol

Comment

Your latest chipset drivers are here:

Your motherboard uses the Intel 845GV chipset.

A BIOS is a basic input output system and it's the small piece of software that your computer uses to boot up and POST (power on self test). Don't worry about upgrading your BIOS just yet...it's a bit complicated for a newbie...heck even for a veteran

Comment

Ok thx I'll try the link

EDIT: OK ...

IT DIDNT WORK

grr ... I'm very frustrated with EA now ......

and about that BIOS stuff??

Comment

I'm reviving the topic Because I need more help (In otherwords... sry for double post)

Neither solutions you suggested worked... either updating the BIOS or updating the chipset for the mother board.

This is very frustrating when you have a great game but cant play it!!

Comment

Goto start - run - dxdiag. This will tell information about your Bios and such, that you can list here. Also list anything that might appear out of order.

Comment

Okay already did update the BIOS (or my dad did :P)

but in case I'm wrong.... it is a Phoenix ROM BIOS Plus Version1.10 A05

Comment

Working...
                          X