1.4 shaders for demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.4 shaders for demo

i used rivatuner rc to force my comp to use 1.4 shaders so it can run bf2 a lil bit better but when i go to the demo, i get a ctd as if my card couldnt support it and when i switch the rivatuner settings to "no override" on teh shaders and the demo will run fine, but then bf2 will start using 2.0 shaders which kills my perofmance

Re: 1.4 shaders for demo

huh? i dont quite understand.... you changed the shader models huh? english plz

Comment

You can use apps like RivaTuner and nVHardPage to force a lower shader model version for increased performance at a hugely decreased graphics quality for some games. (e.g. Black and White 2)

BF2 probably doesn't allow this due to it's engine..and perhaps as a measure to prevent graphical hacks.

Comment

well i think it should be allowed because bf2 requires 1.4 minimum shaders, but the funny thing is that i can use 1.4 shaders in the actual game, but in the demo, it doesnt work

Comment

And, that's why it's a demo!

Comment

yeah i dont see why you want to run the demo if you got the full game its not like the demo had a special map or something

Comment

That IS odd...

So WHY on earth do you want to play the demo?

Comment

because it runs so much better than the full version (v1.12) i mean back in the demo, i could somewaht play with a few settings on medium and 78% visibility, and now, with teh same fps, i have to play on everything low and 73% visiblity

Comment

Working...
                X