Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polygons have no textures applied?

Hi all,

I have searched this forum looking for anyone else with the same problem i'm experiencing, but couldn't find anything. So here goes:

In recent weeks my graphics card (ATI 9600XT) seems to be struggling more and more with BF2. When I first got the game, I could run all video settings at at least medium - with some on high. Now, I can only run everything on low, and even then after a while my graphics card craps itself and freezes (requiring restart).

I have attached an image of what I see happening whenever I play the game now (no matter how 'low' my settings are). Look at the black areas on the image - It's as though the polygons are not having their textures applied to them? They flicker on and off and are completely random. Does this mean my graphics card is just dying? overheating?

I haven't changed my drivers or anything else like that since it was all working beautifully when I first started playing - it just seems to be slowly deteriorating.

Any clues would be appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Polygons have no textures applied?

I would say these things: Most likely a driver problemm, roll back. After that I would say it probably just dying most likely from heat but cant be certain. First roll back the drivers and test it out some than report back

Comment

Thanks sackynut(?!) I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Comment

What are your GPU temps...is your GPU fan running properly?

Comment

Working...
        X