Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Essential unlocks for the aspiring Master Sergeant ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essential unlocks for the aspiring Master Sergeant ???

There are several posts about favourite weapon unlocks, but I didn't find any like this one...

SCENARIO:
    YOU are (or were once) facing the daunting task of moving up from Gunnery Sergeant to Master Sergeant. Up until now, the most points you needed were 3000 to move up in rank. Now, you face a veritable relative Everest of 12,000 points before the next rank (and the unlocks)! That's a whole lot of points to regret the weapons you unlocked, and if you chose very poorly, you may never make it. (Get discouraged and take up croquet as a hobby)

SO, assuming you have access to SF unlocks, which weapon unlocks are essential to you as you work toward this mark?

For those who like structure, we'll use me as an example (this way, you can help me choose, too! ):

I still predominantly play Medic.
    You have:
    L85A1 - okay for wide open spaces, limited utility in close quarters (you're gonna die)
    G36C - great in most situations; accurate, adequate power
    PKM - make people die fast if you can hit'em. LARGE holed swiss cheese is all that's left of your foe.
    G36E - the power of burst + the precision of a scapel = 1 happy (and less frequently dead) medic.
    DAO 12 - anti-tank is now a viable and potent kit in close urban operations. Be the first around the corner to mop up after the barrage!
    G3 - Don't be a nOOb tOOb. Go old skool. Run outa bullets faster than you ever thought possible. Great stopping power, but worrisom accuracy at mid range. Long range... throw your helmet at 'em.

2 unlocks left to keep you company for 12,000+ points! What would you choose, and why?
    Choices:
    Jackhammer Mk3A1 - make engineer more durable/viable?
    M95 - snipe chopper pilots?
    MG36 - make enemies swiss cheese with medium sized holes?
    Mp-7 - ferget the peashooter (mp-5) AND the big ole shotgun (DAO 12)?
    SCAR-L - spec ops with a new wrinkle. Worth it?
    F2000 - silence their crying; blind'em, tOOb'em, drop'em from near and far.
    ??? - leave them all and wait to see how the new engineer and sniper unlocks pan out.

There you have it. What would YOU do?
    Fire away! :guns:

Re: Essential unlocks for the aspiring Master Sergeant ???

-MK3A1: A lot of people will put down the jackhammer, but recently I got like 43 kills with it and 9 deaths on Karkand. It's just so ravashing up close, I'd be able to take out 2-3 and then hide and reload. Rinse, lather, and repeat. Up close this gun is simply unstoppable and will RAPE. Can be frustrating to get used to, however..

-M95:
    As a MEC/PLA player I unlocked this and love it. Bullet drop is a bit easier, and once you get used to it, you'll be raping. However, if you like USMC and the admittedly awesome M24, don't bother. Oh, and don't unlock it for the penetration features, it won't happen. ..Unless you wanna TK for your choppers/planes.

-MG36:
    From what I've heard and tried it's alright, but not worth replacing the PKM. Biased on this because I love the PKM.

-MP-7:
    DO NOT UNLOCK. DO NOT UNLOCK. Completely undefendable gun. With the same RoF and clip size of a G3 and not NEARLY as much power, you WILL regret this unlock and rarely use it. I've tried and tried to love this baby but I just can't.

-SCAR-L:
    Seems alright but doesn't blow my hair back.. Would rather stick with the G36C, though I admit I've had some questionable deaths by this gun.

-F2000:
    Please do me the personal favour and do not unlock this. Cheap ass gun. ): Guess it's okay if n00b t00bing is cut down in the next patch, but c'mon, this is bf2, not Halo!

I'm in the same boat as you buddy. Just promoted to First Sergeant and was tempted with my 2 new unlocks, but I'm waiting for the patch to do anything and I suggest you do the same because the MK3A1 and M95 seem to be the only things you lack, and you're better off being safe than sorry!

Comment

I dont know i'de probably go with the F2000. Also the mp-7 is the engineer unlock not the AT's.

Comment

You're right, my bad on the Mp-7.

Comment

You might wait for the patch because there will be the CS awp and the p90 for unlocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tahalee
            You might wait for the patch because there will be the CS awp and the p90 for unlocks.
            Stealing my thunder. :P

Comment

I think he means Gunnery Sergeant,

I cant wait for this new patch, i want this new sniper rifle so badly lol,

Comment

I have em all, and I only ever use about 3.

DAO-12 >> Worth it if you play AT for any respectable time, don't bother if you hate AT currently

PeopleKillingMachine >> nuff said

L85A1 >> Fits my style of play well. Double tapping at medium ranges makes you invulnerable. Others prefer the G36E, but not me

M95 >> I use the M24 when i snipe, but the M95 is far ebtter than the Mec and PLA POS sniper rifles. Takes some getting used to, only get if you enjoy sniping.

Comment

Originally posted by Paholainen
                  I think he means Gunnery Sergeant,

I cant wait for this new patch, i want this new sniper rifle so badly lol,
                  Nope, I meant Master Sgt. I'll make Gunnery in a few days and have already used those unlocks. (3000 pts is not a huge amount). I asked the question now, however, because the next jump will be a big one (150% more in points than I'll have reached by then). ... at which time I'll be an aspiring (def. "seeking to attain or accomplish a particular goal") Master Sgt.

Of course, the upcoming patch makes the picture all quite muddy right now
                  Won't be deciding anything just yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Storm_Shadow
                    Nope, I meant Master Sgt. I'll make Gunnery in a few days and have already used those unlocks. (3000 pts is not a huge amount). I asked the question now, however, because the next jump will be a big one (150% more in points than I'll have reached by then). ... at which time I'll be an aspiring (def. "seeking to attain or accomplish a particular goal") Master Sgt.

Of course, the upcoming patch makes the picture all quite muddy right now
                    Won't be deciding anything just yet...
                    U need SF to get ur unlocks, anyways, how come u have 5 unlocks, u should have 8 unlocks already, i already have 8 unlocks and i'm gunnery sergeant, if u have SF, u should have more unlocks. Anyways, my advice, stay away from F2000, like 3 months ago, when SF came out, it was regarded as teh best weapon and overpowered, actually, it just sux, it was just a hype. THe mP7 is untested for me, SCAR-L is not good, save urself a unlock, teh G36C is better, the MG36 is pwnage IMO, but u gotta know how to use support well in order to love the MG36, the rest, i don't know about as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X