Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

god... why is it so hard to reassign keys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• god... why is it so hard to reassign keys?

i dont know what it is... I just can't do it
    i just end it up messing up the whole and setting back to default....
    why did they make it so pain in the ass to do it?
    if a key is in use somewhere else, then just remove it from where ever it is being used, is that so hard to do?

Re: god... why is it so hard to reassign keys?

edit the key config files directly.

Comment

And to add to the frustrations sometimes reassigned keys will refuse to work when entering via Xfire. i had set up my keys on my mouse so i could switch to the 3 key since i have a hard time pressing 3 for some foolish reason and for the 1 key so if i run low i just try to go out fighting and it just refuses to accept the fact that i have changed my settings. Ain't it a bish?

Comment

Just delete EVERY single key so that every single area is BLANK.

Then assign keys to whatever without having to worry about some obscure button already being in use in some obscure section of the 'assign keys' section. (that's a mouthfull)

Comment

A good way to start is to open the controls.con file in My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\000x. Delete everything in there - and now you can go and set-up your keys in BF2 without worrying about getting a "Key already in use" error message

Comment

And while youre there, clean out your My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache. It stores all sorts of crap each time you mess with your video settings. Erasing everything in there will give you a boost, although the next server you join you will have to optimize shaders again.

Comment

It's a fact reasigning keys in BF2 is one hard nut to crack , at some point it even says the key is already in use and it isn't etc....

Comment

Click the key you want to change and press Esc to clear it.

Check each control tab, land/air/sea/helicopter etc, and make sure the control you want to change is clear and then change it.

The reason people have so much difficulty is because controls overlap in various places. I used to have difficulty but then I found out you can clear controls by pressing Esc.

Good luck.

Comment

Now that ive done it mu;tiple times it takes me under 2 minutes to remap all of my keys. And i do remap all of them(most at least)

Comment

Working...
                  X