Battlefield: Underhive needs a team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield: Underhive needs a team

I'm starting up a new mod based upon the Warhammer 40,000 setting. No, it's not going to be anything like BF:40k, although it's in the same setting. In the mod, gangs of humans fight it out in the depths of heavily polluted cityscapes (Necromunda, for those that know).

First and foremost, I want to have to team that can work quickly and work together to get this mod out. The first release will have around 8 guns, 2 maps and 3 vehicles.

For a start, I need:
    Modellers
    Web Master
    Texture Artists

Any experience level is good, as long as you're willing to get better.

I've got a design document and plans ready to go for anyone that joins the team, so if you can help out contact me at jmunderhill@gmail.com with some contact info, experience, and anything else.

Re: Battlefield: Underhive needs a team

What modding talents do you posess? I like the idea

Comment

I have some experience, I worked on two BF1942 mods (one failed, the other made 1 release then died) in addition to mapping BF2. I know enough to do a bit of everything, just need a team to get it all done.

Comment

and those 2 bf1942 mods were?..... already given my spiel b4 on late starting mods in another thread - my question to you you is this - why did the other mods you worked on die? now with tht answered - how do you think this mod will go starting over 7 months after the initial release? just trying to put things in perspective... you know there are mods out there tht started well b4 the release of BF2 and are still in development? i wish you all the best of luck - although i do have concerns tht your labour will never be fast enough to make this see release state... due to the close relation in background tht you and BF40k have i would thoroughly suggest you talk to them and see if your work can be in some way intergrated (perhaps as an equivalent to SF for bf2)... because seriously at this rate you probs wont get to beta phase b4 the end of this year (even though it is a "small" modification - there is still alot of work to be done) and by tht time who will be left to play? i see where you are coming from but i read these threads and its like we have a mod being created frivolously every week (and by people who probably could have more experience to suit them being a mod leader - but i am not saying this of you) - then recruitment signs for months... it just seems like all this hard work is being wasted on projects that have less chance of reaching fruition when other mods (such as BF40k in this case) could more usefully apply tht help which is needed just as much and take it to release phase.... pant pant pant - well thts my spiel - great idea, but it is just too close to BF40k for me to warrant a whole new mod... have you talked to the bf40k team yet? tht and i seriously wish you all the best in finding a skinner

Comment

What where the mods names?I've played pretty much every BF42 mod out there, so I probally played it.

And what can you do, photoshop? Modeling?

Dont ask why, but im all interested now lol...

Comment

I worked on Total Chaos (http://battlefield2.filefront.com/fi...st_Build;17952)
            and Red Horizons (and then I beta tested a bit for Merciless1942, doesn't really count though). They both fell through due to horrible management and lack of a goal. So this time I have a nice clear design document written, goals in mind, just need the people. I've also got the knowledge to supervise all parts of the mod, I can model, texture, import, tweak, program in python, map, and anything else really (Except I'm not skilled enough at any of those to confidently join an existing team).

And yeah, I know. Everyday there's a new mod recruiting, and they're never heard from again. All I need are a couple good people that can just get a small first release out the door.

I doubt I could merge with BF40k (don't you need a team to merge first anyways), it might not sound too different, but it is. I know the outlook isn't too great, but I think I can actually do this. Enough talk, more people needed

Comment

Working...
            X