Wonders of a faulty card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonders of a faulty card

So, I got this new 6600GT and it seems faulty BUT I think it gives me a little advantage

Re: Wonders of a faulty card

ive gotten that in other games. i dont remember what i did to fix it other than format and reinstall xp
    6800 stock here

Comment

Sweet! may not be the card, check your drivers after you use driver cleaner.

Comment

WOW!
        Just remember K4M|K4Z3 there is no spoon.... ;<

Comment

I had those errors every time I used any drivers newer than the ones that came with the BF2 disc. At times i can't even see my sights and my screen is a big sharp black pointy thing. I had to revert to using 77.77 drivers. I too, am using a 6600GT. But i'm like the only one with a 6600GT that can't run it on anything but all low. =(

Also, how does that give you an advantage?? I can't even see what i'm aiming at

Comment

is it AGP?

oh and Onrefni, the reason why your 6600GT might not be working is because of your PW, which i just realized right now in your sig. suks that you can't remove it, cuz you need AT LEAST 350W to run 6600GT

Comment

Yeah, it does suck. well, I could remove it, but I'd also have to get an entirely new Harddrive, cause that's what it's like.. permenantly attached to by the molex connector (I've tried getting it out, believe me). And if I did get it out, I couldn't mount a new one in because of the weird attachments around the old PSU allowing it to "Clip" into place inside the tower.

Then again, it could also be the 4x AGP issue, as a cousin of mine has a 6800 and can barely run it on low as well. Then again, his PSU is only 180w? =/ Yeah.. I need a new comp someday

Comment

Originally posted by DaveOnrefni

Also, how does that give you an advantage?? I can't even see what i'm aiming at
                Did you chek out the third image?

Comment

i have this too sometimes (tho not as extreme as you)
                  Also with 6600GT.

Only happens when i have Dynamic Lighting on High. (and those "black places" are only there where dynamic light is applied, but not always)

So try Switching it off.
                  Or install the forceware version that i have (77.77)
                  As said, its not that ultra crappy for me, and only happens once every few minutes.

Comment

K4M|K4Z3 is it AGP? cuz if it is, maybe you didn't plug in the extra connector properly. and yeah Onrefni, you need AT LEAST 350W to run 6600GT and i think same goes with the 6800. upgrade your PSU's m8.

Comment

Working...
                    X