CS looks better than BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS looks better than BF2

i mean really, ive been playing more cs lately and i get a good average of 72fps and theres a lot more detail on the guns and modesl (i use custom models) and it looks pretty nice (no Aliasing at all or very little) and bf2..blurry textures, lots of alisaing, low fps...but my main question is ..why doesnt cs have that much aliasing

Re: CS looks better than BF2

smaller game can use a better engine without the performance suffering too much. Look at how much battlefield 2 suffers already.

Comment

Answer = Steam have been working on the HL2 engine for 5-6 years(I believe) and DICE worked on BF2 for 2-3 years.

Comment

BF2's worlds are also much larger, take that into consideration. You can put more detail into a smaller space. I think BF2 has a very good balance of world size and graphics. The only other thing I will say is this. Mods will look better because there is much more talent in the mod community for skinning then EA could possible have.

Comment

LOL .. why do people always insist on comparing apples to oranges?

If somebody were to create a BF2 game with the source engine...it would SUCK!

So, until these games are similar (and boy, am I glad they're not), arguing this makes no sense.

Comment

Well I have pondered this question myself too.
            But it's just the Valve's input, they didn't have EA pushing their backs to get it out as soon as possible.
            Both of the engines are pretty. But I also think the Source engine is prettier and works better than the BF2 engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambridge
              Well I have pondered this question myself too.
              But it's just the Valve's input, they didn't have EA pushing their backs to get it out as soon as possible.
              Both of the engines are pretty. But I also think the Source engine is prettier and works better than the BF2 engine.
              For what is DOES...YES...you are correct. It is a better engine.

But it does NOT do 'what the BF2 engine does' better. See the difference?

apples vs orange

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                For what is DOES...YES...you are correct. It is a better engine.

But it does NOT do 'what the BF2 engine does' better. See the difference?

apples vs orange
                Yup, but the main thing still is that Source engine is better performing and still looks awesome compared to BF2's engine. So overall I'd prefer Source engine.

Comment

Right you are...and I agreed with you. Source IS a better engine. BY FAR!

But if you were to use the Source engine to create a BF2 clone..it would perform and look terrible.

Comment

cs does not look better, even though it looks good. I like big maps too.

Comment

oh btw, i was talkign about 1.6, even tho it mite not have better textures and stuff, theres no aliasing in it (or very little) and theres a lot more detail on custom models (if u look carefully on mine, u can see the manufaturing information)

Comment

woah you really think cs1.6 looks better than Battlefield 2?

vs

get your head out of the gutter son

Comment

i was talking about low quality bf2 + custom (higher poly) models for cs1.6

Comment

ROFL ... man I thought you were talking about SOURCE!

LOL...BF2 on all-low looks like CRAP!!

CS 1.6 is OLD CRAPPY TECH meant to run well on OLD CRAPPY TECH!

Comment

Working...
                            X