Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how the booster packs will work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone know how the booster packs will work?

Originally posted by Spuddy
    Booster packs = bad idea, causing yet more problems. They sohuld either give them away for free or wait and produce a full expansion pack instead.
    I honestly believe E.A./Dice are going to kill this game with there money grabbing ideas . SF fragmented the community the booster packs will exacerbate this situation by fragmenting the community even more . And this is all at a time when the community is shrinking . Anyone else noticed that there are less people playing since Christmas ??? (probably playing on there new games they got for Christmas).

Comment

id rather have the server kicking method than the having a sepereate server for 3 maps...

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
        Anyone else noticed that there are less people playing since Christmas ??? (probably playing on there new games they got for Christmas).
        I know I've barely seen many of the people I would usually team up with since SF was released, even though some of them have it. Actually, the only time I really see any of them is when I return to vanilla BF2.

Comment

i did not buy SF because i felt there was no need as i enjoyed BF2. Now if they had added night to the game i'd have given them credit. I understand it takes money to support games but surly they could have given these packs for free after we all bought BF2 and quite alot bought SF thats a lot of money I suspect.

but i have to give them credit they did fix 1942 nicely in the end.

Comment

I'm still considering buying SF or not... I'll wait til the patch comes and we'll see how they solved this. 3 maps and new weapons, puuleezee, they can give it away for free. Vavle supports CS:S for free, adding new maps 24/7, but why can't the world's richest game-company do the same? ;S FU EA

Comment

Just to clearify: There will be 2 booster packs, each with 3 maps, so 6 maps total

Comment

I KNOW HOW THEY WILL WORK! You pay EA money then we are all gonna **** and moan about please patch this cuz its so bugged. END OF STORY.

Why make another addon if you cant fix the buggs. I rather have no expansion until all bugs are fixed and the more that come out more bugs to fix. I hear EA has crackheads for coders, im starting to really believe it.

Comment

It wont work, plainly, if they put it into the game, you'll have 4 sets of weaponry. My guess is you'll be able to use the weapons from the first booster in the second booster. Lets keep in my these aren't expansions, either way, they shouldn't be encorporated into Vanilla weaponry. Anyway I explained this in the original booster pack thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                    Are you refering to the BF2CC? If so you can switch from one to the other, it's quite easy. The client side is the problem.
                    People are very unclear when it comes to that. It doesn't kick you out of the game, it merely ends one game and immediately goes into another game. I don't know that it could be any smoother. IMO, Dice should have made SF into a patch and integrated it into regular BF2 instead of creating it as an expansion.
                    Could you clarify again, what is the problem on client side if a server switches between mods? I'd like to set up my server to switch between the two and I have BF2CC, I thought you couldn't do it but I'd like to give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
                    X