Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp. control

Recently I Updated my Mobo.
    Unlinke my the Dell Mobo I had beofre this Asus has a program named "PC Probe II" which enables me to control fan settings and such.
    When I first got the Comp back from the PC repair shop the fan was constant on high, it was incredibly loud. But now that Ive installed the Asus program to control fan temp and such I cant get it to go full blast, instead it slows down and speeds up, which is cool and understandable but I dont wanna burn anything out.
    The options I hope for you guys to help me adjust to optimum performance are...all is in Celsius
    Sensor Name:
    CPU....Current Value is 47 C, threshold is 60 C
    MB.....Current Value is 40 C, threshold is 45 C
    Do I raise the Thresholds?? they are adjustable.

Fan Speed
    CPU...Current Value 1569rpm...threshold 992rpm (raise it??)

I also have CPU Q fan turned on. I am givin 3 options for Fan, Optimal-Performace-Silent..I currently have it set to Performance.

Also on my GeForce 6800 Temp settings atm it shows "core slowdown threshold 145C
    GPU core temp 54C
    Ambient temp 41C
    Should I adjust these also??

So atm with those settings and just browsing the net, the Fan is silently runnin, CPU shows 46C and MB 40C.

So please help, Im a bit of a noob to computers but Im slowly learning and you guys have all been a great help with insight on things like this.
    BTW this is all basic stuff no OC of any parts of my comp.

Re: Temp. control

no help =C

Comment

the threshold is when it melts down, don't change that it won't do anything

Comment

Originally posted by Thirdeyepry
        no help =C
        maybe its your avatar.. it freaked me out. :shock:
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I just realy want to know what safe levels are, I got a pentium 4 3.2 and an ASUS P5LD2 Mobo.
          Thing that confuses me is why the fans were on all high speed when i first got it home, but now that I fooled with the speed settings it doesnt seem to do full speed the whole time. Yes its quieter with it not on high the whole time, but now Im scared it will get to hot.

Comment

Working...
          X