X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EASY: Create & Paint All your terrain at once

How To Use the BF2HMM

Thread: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50928

This tool is intended to be used after the editor has created the level basics.
    • Step1: Open the BF2 Editor, and select the Terrain Editor.
    • Step2: Choose new from the menu or press the toolbar button.
    • Step3: Fill out level properties. i.e.: size, height, scale... Click ok. The editor should do some processing and then you should be able to exit.
    • Step4: Close the BF2 Editor, and Open the BF2 Heightmap Modifier, choose your newly created level.
    • Step5: Use the tools to customize your map. You can use all of the effects and generators or import from an image. You can mask areas and apply effects. JUST PLAY AROUND! i.e.: "TG:Lightning>FX:Blocks>FX:Soften>FX:Normalize " make some cool hills.
    • Step6: Choose save from the File menu. you have the options to generate your secondary maps and/or apply textures. Click ok. p.s. you may have to wait a minute if you are running the extra functions.
    • Step7: Repeat step1 then choose open from menu and select your newly modified level. from here you can change your textures or add objects or just whatever you want because the BF2 Heightmap Modifier has done its job!

***** I WANT TO CLARIFY THIS IS AN ALPHA TEST VERSION *****

if you dont feel like being patient with learning or sending bug reports, then maybe this isnt for you!

Re: EASY: Create & Paint All your terrain at once

Interesting...may have to take a look at this.

Comment

Why does the installation try to overwrite files in the windows system folder. When I noticed this, I cancelled the install. Please explain this.

Comment

its the d#mn package and deployment wizard crap. im working on an msi install as we speak. I CERTIFIABLY PROMISE THIS IS NOT A B#LLSH#T PROGRAM. im truly sorry its an "Alpha Preview" this means it aint even beta so some thing are wierd UI is vb thats why the runtime overwites.

if you get the error "JUST IGNORE"

so if your scared ask someone who has allready installed. if you have installed it please respond so everyone else can believe.

Its a good prog and I think its worth taking this felonius risk, EVER HEARD of norton ghost or system restore, cmon live a little.

Comment

a few things i will say is this

why do u NOT have a READ me FILE in there, a step by step,

i have mine in my documents, is that ok

i ran this prog, as your POORLy writen, read me file said to, (i to am bad at grammer and stuff,)lol,........so i run it on a test map i have just incase this tool is a tool, well guess what, it did to my map it made it like it spikes all over the map , i have never had terrain spikes in my maps like the others have spikes lol, i have never had spikes like this i never used them ,

lucky for me i did it on a test map,

so pls pls write a good read me file as this tool looks like it could be good, but i cant work it , so whats the point of it, thanks

Comment

This is one of the first few responses i have had

AS SPECIFIED it is an "ALPHA PREVIEW" so there ARE bugs

the readme is the help file. as to the spikes i have not seen that yet.

FOllow the directions in the help file. exactly. to get started

send specific bug reports to: northwestmodder@gmail.com care of "Bug Report"

I am trying to help the community here this prog is intended to help beginer to intermediate mappers do the basics. so dont diss please!

keep the responses positive!

yes the help sucks until i get more user experiences? what exectly sucked about it?

did you run tpaint or 2ndary hm gen?

Comment

look here m8 i said in the endd it could be a great tool if i could work it,

i asked u for a read me file with tips and YOU just say read it, well i did , ps i now how to map,

but u have MISSED many things, and your tool screwed up my map so YES i can be bit upset,

i asked you for some help, and you didnt give it, so, whats the point of sharing this tool if people like myself cant use it,

Comment

I thought Sir. Karate hand's repsonse was positive?

Comment

** EDIT: WAit a minute I just remember it cant screw up your map causse it should have backed up all modified files with an *.### ie .000,.001 extension so just replace screwed up files with your backups there in your level folder.

Again This is An "ALPHA" with user input the next version should be MUCH Better.

Originally posted by Sir. Karate hand
                  look here m8 i said in the endd it could be a great tool if i could work it,

i asked u for a read me file with tips and YOU just say read it, well i did , ps i now how to map,

but u have MISSED many things, and your tool screwed up my map so YES i can be bit upset,

i asked you for some help, and you didnt give it, so, whats the point of sharing this tool if people like myself cant use it,
                  Stop being mean. I have Plenty of other stuff going on! The world doesnt revolve around just you. And if you followed the direction THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE USED IT ON a NEW Map, not an already made One, I am trully sorry your map got screwed up but please dont discourage others because you cant FOLLOW direction. and i said if you wanna be helpfull tell me exactly what you were doing when your map got screwed up.

Comment

Originally posted by NAK[n00gz]Wolf
                    I thought Sir. Karate hand's repsonse was positive?
                    that was directed at everyone for future refrence, just trying to keep my head on straight

sorry

Comment

i said in the endd it could be a great tool,
                      thank you
                      but u have MISSED many things
                      its an ALPHA

I will rename the Program "Manipulator" instead of modifier as it seems to confuse people.

dont use this on a map with object ALLREADY on it.

its for starting a map with an allready concieved "terrain layout" think of it like photoshop for terrain minus the drawing tools.

for instance you could draw a line across it with the mask tool, then invert the mask, then push down the line so you have a river.

This program backs everything up so in theory it cant "Screw up the map"
                      look for *.### files ie hieghtmapprimary.001 thats your old map.

The help is the readme its in the help dir and needs to stay there. as stated in that file. this program at this point it is for making new maps. so you musnt have followed the directions if you screwed up an allready made map. but still im sorry. im just trying to help the community.

Comment

yes i made a new map and tried your tool, it didnt have any statics on it at all, lol,

i did the above as, as in the read me,

but were should it be installed to , ie i have it in the documents, should it be any were else, ie like other tools i can run them from my documents like the music odd tools , however with REXMANS batch files you must use them in the mod folder it self, so are ur tools ok in my documents,

i was never rude in my post, just confused, and thats funny how you say world revoles around me,

just think about it m8 YOU made the tool so u know how it works, but i do not, lol,

i give respect to be people who can make tools, but im confused, with the tool,

Comment

the prog should be installed in "program files/bf2 heightmap modifier/"

it will use all the bf2 stuff from its default locations ie levels folder

what version of the bf2 editor are you using?

im sorry for attacking you, im sorry for botching your map, but what exactly went wrong with it? these are the things i need to know
                          what size of map what scale. what other setting? can you possibly rar and send me the whole map or level. i am a developer not a social type so i tend to have trouble interacting with society, again i apolagies for my attitude at times.

i appreciate your willing to try it though.

p.s. Would any one be willing to write a simple tutorial that i could include in the help?

Comment

cool thanks for getting back to me on that path to install, coolies ,
                            i will try it out again,

im using the new editor the one as 04 jan 06,

i give it a go a bit later today, again anf hopefully i get somewere , thanks,

Comment

This release was put up before the new editor version. so i dont know if ea changed any thing in there editor.

I am currently 200 miles away from home (and will be for a few weeks) were my server is so i cant exactly update the server. but i am steadly working on this prog.

allready finished for next version:
                              perlin noise:
                              perlin rivers
                              perlin hills

bubble hills

I am working on:
                              msi installer
                              DirectX Render window
                              Plugin extentions( and pdk)
                              Secondary heightmap editing
                              prim/sec all at once editing
                              faster mask painting