3DMark05 Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DMark05 Help!

I can't seem to do ant better than this 3083. Is it true 1 Gig of ram will give
    a better score and if so whats the point of posting what you don't play with.
    Does anyone see a problem with this score?

Re: 3DMark05 Help!

not bad i get just over 4000

Comment

my single 6800gs I got about 5200. those dont seem too good of scores for 05.

Comment

Those numbers don't make sense. Here's my history with 3DMark05:

Setup 1

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
        1GB DDR RAM (Kingston)
        HP DIABLO-6 Motherboard (Asus)
        nSpire ISO-500D 450W PSU
        ATi Radeon X700 PRO AGP 256MB
        Score: 3173 3DMarks

Setup 2 (After I upgraded)

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
        1GB DDR RAM (Kingston)
        HP DIABLO-6 Motherboard (Asus)
        OCZ Modstream 520W PSU
        ATi Radeon All-In-Wonder X800XL AGP 256MB
        Score: 5089 3DMarks

Now scumbag and Dual Core, both of your processors are Athlons that are faster than mine, you have twice the RAM, and your video cards are a full generation ahead of the X800XL. Yet my score has smoked both of yours, so you can see that something is wrong. So here are my troubleshooting questions:

1) Are you running 3DMark05 at the default settings (with res 1024x768), or are you running it at higher res? If you are, this will definitely lower your score.

2) Is your registry clean and free of errors?

3) Are your rigs clear of spyware and viruses?

4) Are you running the 3D test with Norton Antivirus auto-protect, or a similar AV program, running in the background? Major slowdown!

5) In your BIOS, is your AGP aperture setting set to 128MB, or 256MB to match your video cards' memory?

6) Did you disconnect from the Internet and shut off your modems when running the tests? Windows uses up RAM to manage your connections and networking.

7) Have you killed all non-essential processes in Windows Task Manager, and on the system tray?

Try implementing all of the above and run it again. If you still don't see improvement, I'd hazard a guess that there's a major glitch in your machine that's slowing down performance, and you should re-format your hard drive. I do this every 6 months anyway, just to keep my machine running tip-top.

Comment

Working...
        X