NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

I have a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200. Its not on the supported vid cards list, but I HAVE played BF2 in the past (for ~3months) with it.
    I recently reformatted, and I cant find the driver I was using.
    Now, just after the splash screen pic the screen will flash black, and then crash to desktop.

If anyone knows which FX 5200 driver will run BF2, plz let me know.

Re: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

76.xx ones

Comment

Originally posted by VegaBoner
      76.xx ones
      Negative, go with the 77.77, your best bet for that card, take it from someone who has hands on

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific?
        I have a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200. Its not on the supported vid cards list, but I HAVE played BF2 in the past (for ~3months) with it.
        Now, just after the splash screen pic the screen will flash black, and then crash to desktop.

yea i got a 5200 beacuse im cheap and i just use the latest drivers

Comment

the latest as in 81.95? your insane dude, those drivers are for the higher end cards and jack the GFX all up for the 5200 and the 5500

Comment

yeah 77.77 was it
            I used that until this summer when i upgraded to 6800GT

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific?

well...... not being supported doesnt mean u cant play wit it. u CAN play, but not to the fullest quality bf2 WOULD like to run on. bf2 is not familiar wit other cards but it may work. so... they put it as, "not supported". because it is pretty much a 50/50 chance.
              by the way.... :hi: welcome to total bf2 :hi:

Comment

Uhhhhh, theres no 50/50 chance to anything. The 5200 and 5500 run the game fine on low settings as long as you have sufficient RAM

Comment

I installed the 77.77 drivers, buy my game still crashes to the desktop after the black screen flashes. I've played BF2 on this pc for months before the reformat, and I dont know what could be different. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Jones[31stMEU]
                    Negative, go with the 77.77, your best bet for that card, take it from someone who has hands on

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/
                    ahh thanks ive been running the newest ones so i guess these would be best

Comment

Working...
                    X