booster packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• booster packs

umm i dont understand this whole booster pack thing can someone please explain it to me??

Re: booster packs

I'll ask a less general question. How does everyone think they're going to implement servers for the booster packs? I was dissapointed when they made it so that the official (ranked) SF servers could not cycle the original maps. With the first booster pack only having 3 maps, it just seems too few for a server to cycle on alone. Especially after the second booster is released... Having to choose which of the four subsets of maps to play on that night seems unfortunate. Especially when the group of people are good, but the maps are getting old. Not to mention the rainbow of colored 2's in the server browser is going to be confusing in general

Even the following would be slightly better, but adds yet another color...

Vanilla server: original maps (red)
    SF server: original + SF maps (green)
    Booster1 server: original + booster1 maps (blue)
    booster2 server: original + booster2 maps (white)
    Complete server: original + SF + booster1 + booster2 maps (rainbow?)

Anyone a constructive ideas out there? (the complete server will always include expansion/booster released).

Granted many people seem content with the 24/7 servers, and I've played on them. But usually when I have an hour to play and feel like playing that map.

Comment

Re: booster packs

I'm hoping they incorporate the packs with the new patch, ie the new maps will be included in the regular rotation on the regular servers.
      The patch could enable the new maps, weapons, vehicles to be included but weapons will be unavailable to those who don't have the boosters.

Not sure tho - but I think they'd be better off working everything together, otherwise we'll end up with too many add-ons on new servers that are always half empty...

Comment

Re: booster packshttp://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50990

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50990

there ya are

a quick rundown if you dont like to read-
        the 2 booster packs EA is releasing, 1 in February, and one in March(I believe) are basically toned down expansion packs with only a few maps and vehicles, you cant buy them in stores, you can only Download them, there about $10.00

Comment

Working...
        X