Reskinning - Can't get rid of the shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reskinning - Can't get rid of the shine

I have reskinned some vechiles etc from normal BF2 and when i go and resave them they seem to be extremely shiny.

Now i've read around and people talk about alpha channels but its only related to if they were skinning from scratch. (that and i don't really know what they are on about)

Can someone please give me a hand as to what i am doing or not doing that causes this, and as much detail as to how to resolve it please.

Re: Reskinning - Can't get rid of the shine

this problem is all to do with the alpha channel - are you getting the original DDS and editing it or are you using it as a template? either way go to the channels tab (the one with red, green, blue channel in it) and see if there is an alpha channel there... if not create one and make it straight black (i think lol)... then AFAIK it comes down to how you name the file and what DXT you save as as to how the program uses tht alpha...

this thread touches on subject - look around these forums for some good help

Comment

Dont make them black. Copy the alpha channel from the existing skin.
      And save with interpolated alpha instead of explicit alpha..

Comment

Yep im editing the original DDS file. It has a alpha channel which is mostly black

Comment

Hmm mostly black should work fine..
          Make sure to save it with interpolated alpha, as i said in my above post..

Comment

Working...
          X