New to modding... Help!!! Maya???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to modding... Help!!! Maya???

I have just downloaded the BF2 editor and it's tutorials and got up to the 4th one. As I was reading it tells me to open up Maya. What is Maya Do I need to buy a new program to mod BF2 or am I missing something and I have it all along? Please Help:cry:

Re: New to modding... Help!!! Maya???

hehehe maya is a 3d modelling tool - it is not free and it doesnt come with editor - if you are wanting to make ANYTHING tht is to go into the mod you will have to get some form of 3d modelling software - i recommend starting with GMAX (its free) and moving onto 3ds max... if you dont want to do this you could always do mapping? albeit with the original bf2 statics... otherwise there is not a whole lot you can do with just the editor...

Comment

Ok, thanks. I saw GMAX at the EA website so I will get. You would think they would tell people in the tutorial what programs they need...

Comment

yeah, i would suggest getting gmax first, then from there you can go to either maya or 3dsmax...

Comment

where can you get gmax?

Comment

just google "gmax download" there is a few there.... hehehe i hope you actually looked b4 you asked ---- gmax is free to download, autodesk AFAIK has discontinued working with it but it is still floating around... great way to strt...

Comment

I got Maya for free. It is a personal learning edition but it is free.

Comment

ya you can download maya personal learning edition,but i would go with gmax then move onto 3ds max

i love 3ds max

Comment

Working...
                X