X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful what you say!!

Hi,

I would like to express my concern about the below posts from other forum members. There was a forum subject about Medics and whether or not they should carry guns etc etc. The posters, including myself began to talk about different countries and what their views/past history was about in relation to medics carrying weapons. This was all harmless banter and an active discussion between forum members, sure it swayed off topic, as many posts do, but for some reason, the moderators decided this was not right and closed/locked the topic down.

As you will see below, i, as at least one of the others involved in the "constructive conversation" were dissapointed to see this happen. This is a "public forum" and unless the topic becomes abusive or particularly personal or racist etc etc then why shut it down?

In saying that i understand "The owners of Total Battlefield 2 reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

From what i read there was nothing wrong that was said, the only thing i can think of is that the post started to become anti-American, and if this is the case then its pretty sad that you find this to be a "reason". As quoated below a moderator says it was removed for a "good reason, thats all i can say", now what would that be?

It is the community members that are having their say! No doubt this post will probably disappear into cyberspace as well, all i can say is, that if you do not allow people to express their views, because the are contrary to your particular views, then you have a shallow outlook on life and need to realize that everyone is different. Thanks for your time.

13 Hours Ago #1 Colinloves vbmenu_register("postmenu_617244", true);
    Sergeant Major

wot happened to the medic gun post??
    Where is the 'should medics have guns?' post??

I gave my little reply to it, now I cant find it. Did it get locked? if so where is it? did you remove it? if so why?
    Am I not allowed to vire/post on it anymore? why?

Why cant we have freedom ???

It wasnt even off topic. A bit political, yes, but HELLO - its a war game, and debates will centre around it, not just gamewize.

thanks
    ColinlovesView Public ProfileSend a private message to ColinlovesFind More Posts by ColinlovesAdd Colinloves to Your Buddy List

13 Hours Ago #2 Eden vbmenu_register("postmenu_617265", true);
    Sergeant

Re: wot happened to the medic gun post??
    I will expect this one will be locked to stop spamming. Although the majority of people here have the intellectual ability to debate something without it going out of hands there a lot of people here who just cant handle that sort of thing.

EdenView Public ProfileSend a private message to EdenFind More Posts by EdenAdd Eden to Your Buddy List

12 Hours Ago #3 GameWizard vbmenu_register("postmenu_617283", true);
    Totalbf2.com

Re: wot happened to the medic gun post??
    It was removed for good reason, that's all I can say.

You do have freedom, You have the freedom to post. However, there are limits to your Freedom as to WHAT you can post.

Life is tough, deal with it.

Re: Be careful what you say!!

WHats the point in this post? The Mods/Admin aren't going to change thier mind. If they think something warrants a lock, it's locked. You can always make your own forum if you don't like it.

Sorry but thats just the way it is.

Comment

Re: Be careful what you say!!

Staff actions are not for open discussion.
      I'll be blunt, this is a private forum and you agree to our rules, those which we may change without notice or reason.
      If you have an issue then send a private message.

Comment

Working...
      X