Logitech MX510 weird control map problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech MX510 weird control map problem

I've got F9 mapped to my third mouse button (the wheel button) so I can remove the cockpit view when in helos and jets. However I really intended it to remove the cockpit as a helo gunner so when I switched to missile and back I could remove the cockpit view. The button works on jets and as pilot in a helo, but won't work as gunner even though F9 works for gunner if you press it. Any idea why this would be happening?

Re: Logitech MX510 weird control map problem

Nobody?

Comment

Can't you just set the secondary bind for 'Cockpit View' to the middle mouse button and leave the MX510 settings at middle mouse button?

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
        Can't you just set the secondary bind for 'Cockpit View' to the middle mouse button and leave the MX510 settings at middle mouse button?
        I think he already is. He is just saying that the bind doesn't register if he's in the gunner's seat (Pos. 2).

I can vouch for this, um, bug? because I noticed the same thing last week when I was configuring my new joystick, and my remapped cockpit view joystick button didn't function when I was in the gunner's seat.

I didn't investigate because I really didn't care (while gunner, I use the mouse/keyboard anyway), but taking a guess, it's probably that while in the gunner's seat, the engine uses the Vehicle controls and not the Airplane/Helicopter controls. Try making sure your Cockpit View is mapped to your liking there, too.

Er.. wait.. There probably isn't a "cockpit view" under the Vehicle controls panel, is there? Okay, I don't know why then. Probably just a bug.

Comment

It sounded like he mapped F9 to the middle mouse button in the Logitech software. But I may be mistaken.

Comment

This is actually a very consistent glitch i've seen that switching to first person view just stops working. I didn't think so but my joystick occasionally does not change to the assigned first person view in jets (don't use it for other vehicles) all the time but i have no solution for the mouse. For joystick i sorta refresh or rearrange the config file and it now works.
            I can get you an alternative fix to your problem if you contact me (my xfire is gamegodproloser or use my IM account) since i am unusually a PRO for configuring controls for bf2 (i have no clue why i made it a hobby) but i'm actually right now designing a controls editor tool to give people more customization and overcome the glitches.
            Until it's done if anyone would like help or REALLY GOOD GET YOU TO THE TOP TIPS for your controls contact me privately and i can help you all you need. i enjoy helping people. Also, i have a mx510 mouse and although i don't use the same assignment as you i have an alternative solution i use for view changing i recommend to many people.
            For here i'd like to mention that the four keys below awsd are not used in vehicles (except X which i moved to f since that's also not used i think, or maybe it's g) and made those four change views for me. this will actually give you a lead for skill when you can specify exactly what view you need and when in any vehicle.
            IF anyone wants more customizing tips for controls or has problems contact me until i finish my editor program in visual basic (wich is being a bitch cuz i suck at vb) and i can show you how to actually get the perfect tweakings.

Comment

OOooo..you have me excited about your control config utility

It's a shame the OP bumped the topic and then never checked it again

Comment

wow i sorta thought to myself that creating a third party control editor might be overall useless to anyone who doesn't extremely tweak everything (it's more of my choice of key arrangements then any new abilities that this program gives me that puts me ahead, but i will be sure to include every tip i have and some of them are REALLY usefull).

Aw hell for instance one thing i've set up for people is instead of hitting 9 frantically for parachute you hit the jump button again (although probably just as frantically). in addition to jump it also now works as parachute and you may be wondering about problems with double assignments but when will you not to use the parachute if you can (cuz the only time you can, the falls big enough to hurt you).

Comment

To clarify I did have the mouse mapped in BF2. There is an external mapping utility for Logitech mice, but the name escapes me at the moment.

Comment

Logigamer?

Comment

SetPoint? Something like that I think.

Yeah, I know what you are talking about. I never install all that extra bloat on my systems, so I guess ignore my above advice since it's probably not applicable.

Comment

Ok for the mouse there built in drivers are called logitech mouseware. However for TRUE customization (and what i use for any logitech mouse, but love to use for the 510) there is a website called www.logigamer.com with an applet of the same name that lets you trully change every key on the mouse and gives you more settings to tweak. They also allow you to create multiple profiles and have them autoswitch depending on what program your executing. as for the in-game glitch... if the key just stops working in certain modes, i get a similar error. If it never works, change the keys to something else
                        A possible solution is map the change view key to something like L or an unused key and make your mouse drivers (logigamer) assign the corresponding mouse button to be L, this sometimes overcomes these glitches

Comment

I would use the latest version of SetPoint that has the application-specific settings enabled.

I used to use LogiGamer but it started crashing on me and acting unpredictable.

Comment

Yeah LogiGamer was the name. I got comfortable with binds using the game so I never used it much.

Comment

Working...
                            X