US sniper issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US sniper issues

I have mentioned this in other posts asking why the sniper rifle sometimes doesn't hit. The bullet drop, while it does exist in one form or another should have zero impact if you are aiming center mass on your target. The questions I wouls ask were these:

a) Were there any obstacles near your flash suppressor?
    b) Was the target moving?
    c) When you say center mass, was the target standing or prone?

I ask these questions for these reasons:

a) The geometry of the game is not very clean. If the tip of your barrel is just peeking out from a corner or near a bar or column then it may be impacting as it leaves the barrel. As you are zoomed in with the scope you won't see the close proximity impact. I would suggest this, take the shot, no hit just get out of the scope and shoot again. Do it from the exact same position but not zoomed in and you should see the instant impact cloud right next to the barrel.

b) Moving targets are very difficult to hit. It doesn't stop me from trying but you will usually see the impact on the ground near the target.

c) If the target is prone and a good distance then you might be dealing with the bullet drop vs lag calculation. Ballistics shows us that bullets will rise and then fall in their trajectory due to gravities effects on the bullet over distance. THis is very difficult to code I guess so programmers instead use a time measure. They look at the amount of time it takes for the bullet to travel and apply bullet drop that way. If you are currently being hit with a lag spike then that equation will be way off and the result is the bullet may drop completely off target. Test it this way. Find a mark somewhere near your target, after your clean miss of course, and shoot it. See where you hit at that range in relation to your crosshairs. Then simply apply the information to your next shot.

Comment

The M95 is the worst gun ever in terms of bullet drop. I've shot guys in the head from 440m (320 whilst running) with the M24 but it wasn't just point and shoot.

The M95 however, is a peice of **** that drops alot. Max range I've ever hit with something with the M95 is probably 390m

Comment

i believe the m24 is the most consistent rifle. its my prefered weapon.

i have a +40% accuracy and i fire bullets all over the place. Im sure it would be 60% if i could use it all the time.

Comment

All weapons (with the exception of the support weapons) have a bullet velocity of 1000 m/s, and thus exactly the same bullet drop. The M95 is "only" have as accurate as the M24 though, so this larger random cone might lead to the impression that it has a larger bullet drop.

Comment

One really embarrassing reason you might be missing, which has happened to me, is that even though you can see your target in the scope the end of your barrel is blocked by something. Look in front of you and see if there are any bullet marks.

Comment

Working...
            X