reboot.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reboot.....

I just upgraded my system and I installed a ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard with two sticks of 512// 400 watt power supply // 7800 GT (NVIDA) // AMD 32+ cpu //

When I turn the system on, it post's fine but when it prompts to start windows, due to a large hardware change, the system blue screens for a minute (it goes so fast I cant read it) and it just loops back around like I just booted it up again.

I read the booklet on how to install the memory and I also changed different slots to see if it would make a difference and it didnt.

Can anyone lend some suggestions or have any advice on what I should do. Keep in mind, everything just came in the mail today and I want to play with my new video card.

Thanks!
    CTU_Tony_Almeida is online now Report Bad Post Edit/Delete Message

Re: reboot.....

Originally posted by CTU_Tony_Almeida
    I just upgraded my system and I installed a ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard with two sticks of 512// 400 watt power supply // 7800 GT (NVIDA) // AMD 32+ cpu //

When I turn the system on, it post's fine but when it prompts to start windows, due to a large hardware change, the system blue screens for a minute (it goes so fast I cant read it) and it just loops back around like I just booted it up again.

I read the booklet on how to install the memory and I also changed different slots to see if it would make a difference and it didnt.

Can anyone lend some suggestions or have any advice on what I should do. Keep in mind, everything just came in the mail today and I want to play with my new video card.

Thanks!
    CTU_Tony_Almeida is online now Report Bad Post Edit/Delete Message
    lol have u installed windows...you proboly going to have to reformat your drive beacuse you computor was congifured to the other mobo...and boot in safe mode and see wat happenins.

Comment

maybe your hard drive is too old???

Comment

to post number 2
        DONT DO IT!

save your files and follow this guide
        and in the future, do a google search before you post in a BATTLEFIELD 2 forum. most won't know what they are talking about

Comment

Yeah, windows is installed, XP PRO, but it is the old load from the previous set up. Do you think I'll have to format/reload the drive and give it a new load?

When I try safe mode or try last known good configuration, the same thing happens. Doesnt make a difference.

Thanks for the feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Samurai X
            to post number 2
            DONT DO IT!

save your files and follow this guide
            and in the future, do a google search before you post in a BATTLEFIELD 2 forum. most won't know what they are talking about
            lol i could of used that a while back

Comment

by the way, after you come to the blue screen (once you inserted the windows xp cd), choose the first option, then the drive you wish to repair. do not press enter. press r and it will work like magic. and when you insert the windows xp cd so you can get to the blue screen in the first place, go into your bios and set the boot priority so that cd drive is number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Samurai X
                by the way, after you come to the blue screen (once you inserted the windows xp cd), choose the first option, then the drive you wish to repair. do not press enter. press r and it will work like magic. and when you insert the windows xp cd so you can get to the blue screen in the first place, go into your bios and set the boot priority so that cd drive is number 1.
                Yea its just windows not knowing wat hardware to run off of

Comment

my friend had this same problem, and this is how we fixed it.

Comment

as of right now I'm running the repair of the windows disk and it's loading new device drivers. Hopefully when this is all said and done it works.

... I'll keep you guys posted

Comment

Originally posted by jdogg88-Fed
                      lol i could of used that a while back
                      ya, me too. :|:

anyways, its cuz you changed ur mobo. ur windows is all configured to work with ur old mobo, so its looking for that and not finding it.

Comment

it will probably work. it worked perfectly for me and my friend. oh and this is kind of weird, but i just have a feeling that a scarface reference is coming up.

Comment

well, it did the repair. It did the reboot and let it go into windows (not pressing a key to boot to the cd)... Windows XP logo came up .... what i thought was going to give me the log in screen, it's now sitting at a screen that says, installing windows, 37 minutes left to go.

It looks like the same screen you get after a format/reload and I know I didnt format the disk drive.

Is it loading two operating systems?

Comment

Originally posted by CTU_Tony_Almeida
                            well, it did the repair. It did the reboot and let it go into windows (not pressing a key to boot to the cd)... Windows XP logo came up .... what i thought was going to give me the log in screen, it's now sitting at a screen that says, installing windows, 37 minutes left to go.

It looks like the same screen you get after a format/reload and I know I didnt format the disk drive.

Is it loading two operating systems?
                            ur basically reinstalling windows back over ur previous version, so thats prolly why

Comment

yeah it will look like it is reinstalling everything. but your files will still be there and the new mobo will work.

Comment

Working...
                              X