Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP - EA Games is putting the hurt on me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - EA Games is putting the hurt on me...

Bought BF2 after a long wait. I am running a P4 2.7 GHz, with 1 GB RAM, and an ATI 9800 Pro 128 MB card. Big new, 160 GB HD.

1) First the disks (#3 specifically) would not all read in my newest DVD RW
    2) They read in the CD RW and the game appeared to install fine
    3) When I selelect play, no joy. Just stops responding

I have trolled the forum and EA's site. Eavery solution I read sounds like major surgery on the PC to get this game to run! EA recommends dropping all background programs, BF2 has solutions from bumping the voltage to your RAM to tweaking the BIOS to putting mayonaisse on the video card (okay, I made that one up).

Can anyone provide me with a simple pointer to a simple solution? Buy a new computer is only a smarty pants reply. I expect games to run out of the box - at $50USD that's not too much to ask. Or at least a simple step by step installation / run FAQ on the developer's website.

Am I crazy?

Re: HELP - EA Games is putting the hurt on me...

Stops responding? How so. Any error message?

Comment

No, just sort of hangs in perpetuity. I will occassionally get a "please insert play disc" but that's all...

Comment

all i can say is wait a bit cause mine did same thing i just waited longer next time

Comment

I will give it a go...there seems to be an issue with the ATI 9800 Pro cards set at 8x, I will also try the 4x setting...

Comment

9800 pro should be set at 2x AA max

Comment

okay,

Comment

4x did the trick, more later

Comment

OKay, I cleaned up my main drive and set the ATI to 4x. Solved the load problem. Now once I start the game I wait about a minute for the nVidia graphic (is this normal?) and play. I can play as long as I want (90 minutes my max time) with no issues.

I am running a P4 2.8 GHz w/HT and an old ATI 9800 Pro (latest Catalyst drivers). There is 1 GB of RAM on board. Any tweaking comments?

Comment

Working...
                  X