Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU Fan=Annoying

Alright,

I booted up my pc today, came back in a few minutes, and noticed my computer was making a very annoying sound that was apparently coming from one of my fan. It sounded like it had been coming from the GPU.

I have Rivatuner and I remember there being an option for fan speed. I set it to 95% and wam, the sound went away. It seems if I put on 99 or 100% it was louder than hell but anything else was back to normal.

I opened the case and see if I could mess with the fan at all but no luck. I turned my PC back on and it still made the sound! I went away for a few minutes, came back, and then it was gone. The GPU fan speed is back on 100% and its been fine for about 10min.

Its a 6600gt and it only gets up to about 55celsius, and thats when Im playing BF2. Any sugestions on what to do? Should I put the fan speed down for less stress on the fan?

Re: GPU Fan=Annoying

You could try contacting your graphics card manufacturer about having the fan replaced. Sometimes a buzzing/loud fan means it won't last much longer. And when/if it gives out, that'll be bad for your card.

GPU fans going funny is (unfortunately) a common problem.

Most manufacturers will ship you a new one free-of-charge, and no-questions-asked.

Comment

clean it. get a Q-tip and get the dust off. those video cards can get alot of dust in there. get a air compressed can and the Q-tip. take off the dust and spray ur air can. should work. works for me. but now since i got a 6600, no fan. heat sink baby.

Comment

Talus is 100 percent correct.. A noisy fan can be caused by dirt but it can also be the sign of failing bushings or bearings. You do not want it to die on you and you not notice it.

Try cleaning it put check it daily for a while if the problem re-occurs in a week or so contact the manufactorer for replacment.

-Snipe

Comment

one of mine started making crazy noises too, but thats after I touched it while it was spinning because im a f-ing tard. So I sent it back for a replacment .

Comment

One more reason to go with liquid cooling. ;P

Comment

LOL well admitence is the first step to recovery!

Comment

Working...
              X