Connecting to Account Server Freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting to Account Server Freeze

Maybe one of you guys could help me with my problem..

My BF2 freezes at the connecting to account server page. It will load for about 5-10 seconds then just freeze, but I will then be able to move my cursor as if I were actually logged into my account. I cannot ALT + F4, Escape, ALT + CTRL + DELETE, or ALT + TAB out of the program. Instead each time this occurs I need to restart my computer.

So far I have tried...
    -Uninstalling and reinstalling
    -Deleting the BF2 folder in My Documents
    -System Restore (when I restored I could not even open BF2 so I undid the restore)
    -Installing new video card drivers (I was using the ATI Catalyst drivers and tried the latest Omegas and I still have the same problem).

My Specs:
    ATI RADEON 9800 Pro 256mb
    1GB Corsair RAM
    ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe
    P4 3.2

Thanks for you time. Please help if you can.

Re: Connecting to Account Server Freeze

Just wait, connecting to account server takes around 5 minutes for me, imagine how i feel every time i want to play.

Comment

I'm almost positive that is not the problem. Because the cursor will change to the standard BF2 "2" spinning logo for a few seconds then go to the standard cursor for navigating the in game menu.

Comment

I have the exact same problem, and I have left it overnight to see if it will log in, to no avail. any fixes for this yet?

Comment

Working...
        X