SF Servers, WTF is up lately, today especially

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Servers, WTF is up lately, today especially

HI, does anyone know what is going on with SF servers, specifically I cannot find a populated server to save my damn life today and generally lately, tnx ahead,

BigSky

Re: SF Servers, WTF is up lately, today especially

They need to do some serious work on the SF itself. Lag is a huge issue for me and my friends, thats why we dont play it. $40 bucks for 4 new guns..Wha who

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser_Weber
      They need to do some serious work on the SF itself. Lag is a huge issue for me and my friends, thats why we dont play it. $40 bucks for 4 new guns..Wha who
      Understood, but I've not had any lag with SF at all, but I'm ona pretty fast connect and a high end rig, SLI 7800 GTX's and running @ 4.3GHz...problem I'm having is just finding servers with bodies on it

Comment

Game runs fine on my Athlon rig, yeh I need a new one but it handles the game on medium so hmm, thats true there are bugger all servers

Comment

4.3Ghz? WTF are you running exactly????
          The number of people playing SF I think has declined a great deal, and yes it is difficult to find a populated server. The best thing is to make sure that in your server browser you check the appropriate boxes. No nore than 5 filters should be checked, if you choose more, then it seems to not respond to your selected criteria.

Uncheck punkbuster
          uncheck small maps
          uncheck Not Full

Check Ranked
          check populated
          check medium maps
          check large maps

This should help.

Comment

I have an ATI radeon 9800 pro 128 mb and 2 gigs of Ram. SF runs perfect and there are tons of servers to play on. Stop yer whinin

Comment

Originally posted by BigSky
              Understood, but I've not had any lag with SF at all, but I'm ona pretty fast connect and a high end rig, SLI 7800 GTX's and running @ 4.3GHz...problem I'm having is just finding servers with bodies on it
              Define "fine". In reality there is a performance reduction from vanilla BF2, and therefore people who purchased SF no longer play. I played for exactly 5.5 hours and that was enough for me. This issue combined with the night maps left me uninterested in SF. It was an unpopular add-on, that had problems which Dice has failed to fix, plain and simple.

Comment

I've posted in other threads about having so many problems with SF that I don't bother playing it anymore. Well yesterday morning there wasn't any vanilla servers that I wanted to join but I noticed a couple of SF servers that looked good so I thought I would give SF another go. Big mistake, I ended up spending a 3/4 of an hour just trying to join one of these servers before giving up. The first couple of times it loaded and then crashed to the desktop before I could select a team. Then next time I started to load it decided it needed to optimise shaders for some reason. It took about 20 minutes to get to 62% and then stayed at 62% for another 10 minutes so I reset my computer. If other people are having any of these problems not to mention reduced performance and lag problems once they get into a game it is no wonder they are leaving.

Comment

Working...
                X