9800XT not running proper core and mem speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9800XT not running proper core and mem speeds

I recently purchased a new ATI 9800XT 128 bit 256 mem. The advertised clock speed should be 412 core and 730 mem. When I downloaded ATItool it showed the default clock at 385 core and 222 mem I have read that the memory number doubles to total 444 but both of these numbers are below what even the Ati site says it should be. Im wondering if something is not set up correctly with my BIOS or something to account for the low default numbers. Any ideas?

system:

ASUS board P5P800 SE
    P4 2.66G
    1024MB RAM
    520W PSU

Re: 9800XT not running proper core and mem speeds

Where did you purchase that card from? Does it read as a 9800XT or something else like a 9800Pro?

I had a 9800Pro once and upgraded to an XT, worked fine at 411core, but not all 9800Pro's can do that. I don't remember the memory speed, but it was definitely faster than 222Mhz.

try upping the speeds to the default XT speeds and see if it can handle it. if it can I wouldn't worry about it.

There's nothing in the bios that I know of, that will effect a video cards' core or memory speed.

Comment

Originally posted by PHOBIC
      I recently purchased a new ATI 9800XT 128 bit 256 mem. The advertised clock speed should be 412 core and 730 mem. When I downloaded ATItool it showed the default clock at 385 core and 222 mem I have read that the memory number doubles to total 444 but both of these numbers are below what even the Ati site says it should be. Im wondering if something is not set up correctly with my BIOS or something to account for the low default numbers. Any ideas?

system:

ASUS board P5P800 SE
      P4 2.66G
      1024MB RAM
      520W PSU
      hehe i think i no why it shows low clock speeds,i bought a 6600gt and clock speeds were advertised 500core and 1000mem but when i used riva tuner it said 300core 900 mem speed..but dont freight my freind its a silly thing i will explain..
      The advertised clock speed should be 412 core and 730 mem.thats in 3d mode....
      ATItool it showed the default clock at 385 core and 222 mem.thats 2d mode.
      most cards do this as to keep the card cool whilst in idle run a 3d app then use ati tool and you should see the differnce....
      be carfull not to load a intense 3d app try q3 or somthing old with 3d gfx and let me no if they change..

Comment

ah. ok ill try that.

Comment

Working...
        X