Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need to be able to run the game at full settings to effectively use editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you need to be able to run the game at full settings to effectively use editor?

I have an eVGA GeForce 6800GS 256MB videocard, which allows me to pump all of the graphical settings of BF2 up to medium, with no anti-aliasing.

I noticed the soldier camera looked a little better than what I normally see, and tried to use his C4 and crashed my editor >_>

So my question is, should I bother trying to learn this editor and create maps if I can't display the game at it's full settings? Or am I going to encounter numerous problems and crashed along the way?

Re: Do you need to be able to run the game at full settings to effectively use editor?

Your setup is fine.

The soldier camera is buggy - do not do anything other than move and jump or it may crash.

I try and avoid using it altogether

Comment

Re: Do you need to be able to run the game at full settings to effectively use editor?

Stick to the tools for creating maps. Use the tutorials and help you will find here in the FAQ, and help from the other mappers here. If you want to test out the c4, load up your map, and give it a go!

Comment

Working...
      X