what has happened to the world???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what has happened to the world???

okay i think this is crazy but it might not be...

I am running BF 2 and BF 2: SF on a Dell Dimension 4600......only about 1 to 2 years old...512 MB Ram NVIDIA FX 5200 with lots of lag...all settings low

He is running both on a new Dell XPS M140 with no upgrades everyhting standard...512 MB Ram running an ATi Radeon x300....played on their got no lag at all....i scored 80 points with about 30 kills on their but on mine i usually only get max of 40 kuz i have so much lag....and im wondering...hmmm....what is wrong???

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...=19&l=en&s=dhs
    ^^^XPS M140^^^

Re: what has happened to the world???

Well for one the 5200 really isn't a gaming card. It's a modified Geforce4mx with DX9 support. Chuck the card and get a real gaming one and you'll see lots of improvement. The 512mb of ram isn't help much either.

Comment

your processor plays a big role too. are you running a celeron, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by BurnTheWeed
        Well for one the 5200 really isn't a gaming card. It's a modified Geforce4mx with DX9 support. Chuck the card and get a real gaming one and you'll see lots of improvement. The 512mb of ram isn't help much either.

an X300 isnt exactly a stellar card.

Infact its a pretty big POS.

Its like 4 pipelines and terrible clocks.

I've got a pretty good system and im still thinking im gonna have to rebuild this summer :hmm: . I hate stuttering im getting lately for some reason, maybe its just the performance hit the last patch made.

Comment

The top custom gaming PC builder. Build your dream gaming PC or laptop here. Fully customized with the best high performance component selection and prices.

Comment

well...my question was why this is happening...similiar quality in cards and ram but my is desktop and his is laptop?!?! laptops are supposed to not run BF 2 well is what i heard round deez streets

Comment

its called:: getting a better system

Comment

its called ive got 60 dollars to my name

Comment

i just got an x800xl, amazing card, all high settings, its like a different game

Comment

with 60 dollars, I suggest you either buy more ram, or save for a new gfx card. I would say dont do anything (exccept ram) until you have more. You cant get a 6800 got 60$, so just wait a little. But I will say, with a gig of matched ram on low settings you can get very good FPS.

Comment

well, if you have a celeron cpu then you are f*ckd
                      celeron is the biggest damn POS on this planet, it's a shame that they dare to sell it

i had it too, it screwed up my entire pc, with a 6600 gt i got 15 fps ffs

i recommend a new pc, because buying a new gfx card while u have a celeron is useless

Comment

x300 whilst still being a POS is way better than a fx5200. The fx5200 is the lowest spec card that is supported by BF2. That is why you get the stuttering. The 512meg is the other cause. Get atleast 1gig but I would recommend 1.5-2gig then BF2 will play a lot better. I had 1gig and upped it to 1.5gig and there is a massive difference.

Comment

Working...
                        X