Should the UAV be Visible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the UAV be Visible?

I know it's been discussed before but I thought I'd bring it up again. I think the UAV should be visible, but without a collision mesh so enemy units can see it circling around the area it's scanning. It would add a certain tactical advantage to the game play as observant enemy units could decide whether it was worth the trouble of getting spotted or trying to find another route to an area.

I realize that some noobs might try to shoot it down, but I figure that would last for about a week until people got use to it.

Comments?

Re: Should the UAV be Visible?

?dunno

Even so, Can u se E"crap"A Making / putting that in a patch with Dice??
    I dont think so

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
      ?dunno

Even so, Can u se E"crap"A Making / putting that in a patch with Dice??
      I dont think so
      They say they read the boards so if enough people are interested I'm sure they'd at least try it out.

Comment

that would be cool.

"BlackHawkPilot was killed by a UAV falling on his head" that would be funny

Comment

i;d love it

Comment

ya its

Comment

ya not a bad idea

Comment

Good idea, perhaps someone can shoot it out of the air or find another way into the combat area.

Or:

Razzia.be (UAV) xxxx :^p

Comment

Maybe it would be easier to drop an Ambient sound effect at the center of the UAV sweep instead of an actual model? Something like an RC helicopter would make ... a slow pulsing rotor wash/hum/buzz. Make the radius equal the scan radius, and get louder the closer to the center of the UAV sweep you are. Chances are you wouldnt even notice something flying around, but you sure would hear it.

Comment

Well, would a UAV in real life be flying so high that troops on the ground couldn't see it?

At any rate, I DO like the idea. I like the idea of knowing that you're being UAV'd. That will do a few things:

-immerse you EVEN deeper into the game (be quiet and hide)
                    -let you know that because 'that guy knew where you were' doesn't mean he's hacking/cheating
                    -gives being the commander a bit more of that 'cool' factor

Comment

Originally posted by -=4th=-1/2Hawk
                      Maybe it would be easier to drop an Ambient sound effect at the center of the UAV sweep instead of an actual model? Something like an RC helicopter would make ... a slow pulsing rotor wash/hum/buzz. Make the radius equal the scan radius, and get louder the closer to the center of the UAV sweep you are. Chances are you wouldnt even notice something flying around, but you sure would hear it.
                      Ya, the UAV buzzing noise would give away that ur being spied on, that could be a sign of a coming ground/air assault, or coming artillery, which is good, since artiller barrages happen in the most random places, that's what i do sometimes, when there's no 'safe' (as in, a place where u have low probability of hitting a friendly), i just look for lonewolfs in corners of maps, i kill them cause it's a high chance they're the enemy cmdr.

Comment

Originally posted by -=4th=-1/2Hawk
                        I like that idea.

Comment

That would rock!!! seeing the red dots scatter thinking arty is coming next.
                          And the grief it would cause snipers since they know the jig is up. bad news is c4 and claymores would pop up real quick waiting for the other team to come.

Comment

I like the sound of this might be easyer to make it a sound effect as, if I see a UAV i know it would annoy me if i couldnt shoot it down.

Comment

It would be so high up though it would be a dot in the sky. Well, I'm sure a dot wouldn't be too hard for Dice. But the UAV planes are really noisy. I had one fly over my house about 5 years ago in some flight path and it had a strange buzzing noise....

-Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X