This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

I have Battlefield2, but instead of getting myself the expansion this holiday season i decided on Quake4. It's a good game. But the main reason i didn't get the expansion was because i didn't think it really added much to the game i already had. Does it?

EDIT- wow i just noticed another thread just like this, Sorry, close this please.

Re: Is it worth it?

I think it IS worth it. Adds more maps, most of which are pretty good, new unlocks and overall gives the game more longevity.

Comment

SF has got my back to playing BF2 instead of talking to people on msn lol..

Comment

SF not worth it....

Comment

It IS worth it if you can run it. I experienced performance decrease when I got it, and that may be due to the patch that came out right after it, the graphics on the new levels, or both. I used to play it on a different machine than the one in my sig and SF got frame rates that were just barely playable. According to EA's recommended system requirements, this game should run on an Nvidia series 6 with 1 GB of RAM. This simply isn't true unless you want to play at 800x600 with all the eye candy turned off. It's obvious that these new maps were not optimized, which is a shame.

However, if you CAN run SF, it's awesome. It's probably the best looking shooter (besides F.E.A.R.) that came out this year, and definitely the most fun. I've been playing SF just about every day since it came out. Civilization IV has cut out some of my play time a little bit, but not much.

Comment

Q4 was a dog. I've owned it for months now and still not finished it.

SF is a good investment if you're sick of the ******** of vBF2 (see: plane whoring, tank whoring, helo whores).

With indoor areas theres a lot of room for blowing the crap outta each other in mano a mano shooting skill. Or if you prefer, more hideyholes for sniping and popping tanks.

If anything, the SF players are smarter. Theres a lot less sieging in SF.

Comment

SF i would go for yoda would say no doubt

Comment

SF there is not a whole lot of tank and chopper whoring. It can happen on a couple of the maps(if the drivers/pilots are any good), but a majority of the maps are all about infantry. I love the firefights. Remind me of some of the ones we use to get into on the game of Planetside before it became Vehicle/BFRside.

OMG I miss those battles in Planetside where you'd have 300+ people fighting it out. OMG...BF2 cannot touch the intensity of one of those oldschool PS battles, nevertheless, the SF expansion comes pretty close at times on certain maps - Surge and Mass Destruction are a good maps for those kind of battles - 64 player map.

Comment

no-it lags like a bitch and the new weapons you can get from a friend that logs in with your account. All in all a waste of money

Comment

Originally posted by BIC
                    SF not worth it....
                    Tell about it. I just can't stop playing ghost town. Wait thats a sf map. Meh.

Comment

Bought SF when it came out. I played a total of 5.5 hours, and haven't played since (BF2...over 350 hours for me). basically SF is dead. Just look on the BF2 browser (very few...but full servers), and look at this forum (more posts in the support forum than in then SF forum).

No...SF is Not worth it.

Comment

closed by request

Comment

Working...
                        X