Is it really worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it really worth it?

Is Bf2:special forces really worth buying if you already have the full version of BF2? What exactly does add and subtract to the BF gaming experiance? PLease reply with the ups and downs of BF2:SP Thanks

Re: Is it really worth it?

Now i dont normaly tell people to use the search button, but this HAs been talked about in hundredds of threads. Please use the search button and youl learn all ya need to.

Comment

I think it's worth it.

Comment

Yes, it's worth it. Today I tried going back and playing vanilla on Karkand (lol kirkland), and was like "This sucks compared to Warlord, Night Flight, Devils Perch, etc..."

Comment

I like it...so i think its worth it

Comment

The night maps are worth the money on there own it make it feal like a whole new game ( to me )

Comment

Night Flight makes me cry with joy. A few days ago I had 50+ kills for 3 rounds in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by AFEDSLAYER
                Now i dont normaly tell people to use the search button, but this HAs been talked about in hundredds of threads. Please use the search button and youl learn all ya need to.
                I see this mentioned quite a bit on this forum but no one explains WHAT the person is supposed to search for.

What key words would you enter into a search engine to find a specific post relating to his question?

Comment

Think of SF as a complete and for most part bug free version of vanilla with more maps and fun..... If you dished out 50 for bf2 then get sf, its really not worth it to not get it.

Comment

this is the worst add on I've ever played. What a waste of £20. The only reason to buy it is for the extra weapons in BF2 vanilla.

Comment

I really typed this forum entry so I wouldn't have to look around, but since you guys think I should I guess i will.

Comment

Originally posted by snipedmedic
                        Is Bf2:special forces really worth buying if you already have the full version of BF2? What exactly does add and subtract to the BF gaming experiance? PLease reply with the ups and downs of BF2:SP Thanks
                        I believe Special Forces is really worth buying if you already have the full version of BF2. This is because whether you actually think you'll play it or not it still adds to the vanilla BF2 with extra weapons to unlock.

SF adds to the game in the following ways: 8 new maps, 3 of which are at night which really do change the whole feel of the game. It adds new SF armies being The US seals, U.K. SAS, MEC SF, Russian Spetsnaz, Russian Rebels and Insurgents. It also adds some new weapons to replace some of the old ones depending on which army and kits you use including new unlocks as I have mentioned above. You also get gas masks and night vison goggles for the night maps. Depending on what kits you choose you also get some extra toys to play with like the tear gas, flashblasts, grapple hook and zip lines which can be fun to use. There are some new vehicles too. You also get extra badges, medals and ribbons to earn.

SF takes away the following: A slight drop in performance. Some people complain heavily about bugs that cause huge drops in frame rates during play. I have noticed only a slight drop in frame rate compared to Vanilla BF2 half of the time and I have only experienced large drops in frame rates on the busy games with 32 + players. I only recall this from the Iron Gator map though.
                        It makes more sense to me to only play smaller games on SF anyway since it's based on undercover/espionage war and not your bog standard full scale war like vanilla BF2.
                        SF cuts down on the amount of heavy vehicles there are too. Especially the Jets! If you are one of the people who hates the jets because you are getting spammed with bombs left, right and centre all the time then SF is for YOU! lol
                        Although I have heard there are jets in SF I think it may be false because I have wondered about on every large map looking for them and have not seen any "Flyable" Jets what so ever. On The Iron Gator map there are model Jets that are unplayable (tied to the deck) and you can't get in or out of them. In the Night flight map there is a cargo jet which is again unflyable. That is all I know in regards to jets.
                        If you like using camoflage to your advantage then playing the insurgents can be a disadvantage because they wear civilian clothes. Also the SAS wear black even in daylight which I think is also a bad idea.

Whether you actually play Special Forces is down to personal preference.

My opinion: I like it! I especially like the night maps as they give the game a whole new feeling (A shame there are only 3). One of my favourite games is 'Thief - Deadly shadows' so I like stealth and Espionage and sneaking around in the dark . If you like games like Splinter Cell and Thief and still like that BF2 feeling added to it then I'd say Special Forces is for you.

I think basically Ive covered it all. I hope this helps people with their decisions on whether or not to buy SF.

Comment

ITS SO WORTH IT. New guns, vehicles, maps... Its very very fun and I play it all the time. It adds more flavor to bf2 because you might get bored. But vanilla is still good, for 30$ this is a must buy!

Comment

Originally posted by snipedmedic
                            Is Bf2:special forces really worth buying?
                            Does a bear sh!t in the woods?

Does a frog bump his a$$ when he hops?

Do rattlesnakes kiss carefully?

Hell yes!

Comment

Buy it. Play it. Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X