Keyboards! WTF happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboards! WTF happened?

Ok, so I found out that my logitech wireless keyboard and or mouse combo was losing it's connection while playing games and really messing me up.

Since the mouse was going through batteries and was optical, i got a nice G7 laser mouse with a bullet proof 2.4GHz receiver.

So I just wanted a simple plug in keyboard and picked up a logitech for like 20 bucs.

It had this stupid F-key lock that you had to press everytime you rebooted and getting into safe mode while booting was a real pain, not to mention the damn windows key that i always hit while playing.

So went out and got this.

Great, no f-lock crap and you can shut off the win key.
    But it has black keys with the letters lit up in blue and it's not bright enough to see from my usual gaming position.
    That and I don't need the extra G-keys since I have an n52 gamepad.

So, is there a simple plug in keyboard that doesn't have f-lock, isn't huge, has letters on the keys you can see, no extra side pad and no freaking win key?

Re: Keyboards! WTF happened?

To disable the windows key:

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
      I tried an older version of that and it never worked, I'll give those a try, but don't need it on this keyboard.

Thanks!

Comment

I WAS gonna buy a G15 until I read that the Optimus keyboard will be released soon

Comment

the saitek gamers keyboard isnt as good but it still rocks and has a programmable pad as well, but is seperate so its harder to hit. I would personally love to have that. I wonder exactly how the LCD works and what is displays.

Comment

I use a HP keyboard I got from my first PC. It's a standard white one but hell the thing has lasted 7 years and i have never had a problem. Wish I could get you a piccie. The damn things beatiful but it looks like a piece of ****. It's the only thing that I have on my rig that is not new.

Comment

you got the g7? im jealous. :|:

i just use a generic microsoft optical mouse, and a microsoft multimedia keyboard. the keyboard has the f lock crap too, and i know how you feel about it being annoying to activate everytime you reboot, but if i dont instal the software that came with the keyboard, the f keys are always on, but i cant use all the special shortcut keys, not that i use them anyways.

Comment

If you're looking for a low profile keyboard try something similar to these

The knockoffs are inexpensive.
                I own a HHKB lite and they are very sturdy. I've had this one many years.
                The only drawback I forsee you having on this one are the F#-keys are hard to get to quickly...let's see, what else- nothing. That's pretty much the only thing that can be a problem.
                They can be bound to diff keys though. I set my f#'s to 1,2,3,4,5,etc. My most important weapons are bound to my mouse and the others I get to via the scroll wheel.

Comment

I picked up a Saitek Eclipse and I'm lovin it.
                  http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/eclipse.htm

I got it mostly for the backlight and it's small footprint (there is no way I'd fit a G15 on my keyboard tray), but I'm amazed at how much more responsive it is that my old Logitech. This sucker has true N-Ket Roll over, meaning that it doesn't limit the number of keys it will recognise at the same time. It's actually got a good wrist wrest too.

Sounds like it might be exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

You may want to consider getting this keyboard. It has an insert for your regular windows stuff, then it also has gaming inserts. I have it and it rocks.

This website is for sale! zboard.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, zboard.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I have the BF2 insert and the COD2 insert and it makes it much easier to play. only takes a couple of secs to chance the inserts out.

Comment

Has everyone missed that he doesn't want extra features or a large footprint?
                      Those Z-boards are huge. So are the G15s. Even that Optimas thing has an extra key row that will increase it's footprint.

Comment

Nothin' wrong with a little keyboard thread derailment

I gush about the Optimus every chance I get

Comment

Optimus > Owned.

When will that start selling the damn thing =/

Comment

Working...
                          X