Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: calling all snipers

I think some people (including me) perfer the M95 over the SVD becuase
    A. The sights on the m95 are familiar, the cross, while the SVD sights are un-familiar, thus lots of people don't know how to use those sights properlly.
    B. Some people (including me) perfer the m95 becuase one shot to the head kills someone. And this is how many people (including me) snipe. I only ever aim for the head, I never aim for the body. For me its one shot kill or no kill.

Comment

I play almost exclusively sniper. Here are my stats:

http://bf2s.com/player/44887914/

I didn't even know BFHQ has ranking broken down to sniper rifles, I've always relied on BF2S.com for that, until they took it down. But before they took it down my global rank for sniper rifles was between 260 and 270.

Comment

GeZe if you don't know 1 shot with SVD in head is still One shot One kill!!!
        That's why i preffer to use this magnificent rifle i used to fire with SVd in real life too it's really devastating rifle.
        As i said in my previous post there are two different styles of sniping.
        Sitting duck and sneaky fox as i called them
        For sitting ducks M24/M95 is the best choice, but for sneaky fox there is not better that SVD. Sneaky fox or assault sniper is always close to the fight shotting from midle, close range. I am playing in a clan Omega Forces which is a Force of Friends indeed . My mates didn't use snipers in matches much before i joined, but know i often hear things like thank God you are at my side . In City maps like Karkand, Sharqi and Mashtur one sniper with SVD can hold a point alone against 3-4 ppl.
        Guy try to plays a sneaky fox in constant move and near the battle it is more fun but difficult! And don;t forget that SVD is primerely Assault Support Sniper Rifle so it is not used for distance more 600 m (200 in BF2).

Comment

You forgot my favorite sniper kit: the Eryx
          But I firmly believe that the m24 comes right afte it - accuracy wise.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaNut
            You forgot my favorite sniper kit: the Eryx
            But I firmly believe that the m24 comes right afte it - accuracy wise.
            sorry bud i did forget that one but lets hope the improved acuracy for the sniper kit is improved enough to notice it yeeeeeee hawwwwwwwwwwww
            roll on patch,may we all be verzillified with ur marksmanship

Comment

17 hours with 700+ kills/deaths

Comment

Type 88 is the best, then the SVD, then the M95 and M24 a tie, thin scope vs ability to snipe pilots out + extra power.

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
                  Type 88 is the best, then the SVD, then the M95 and M24 a tie, thin scope vs ability to snipe pilots out + extra power.
                  it depends alot on how you play youre role as a sniper wehn it comes to chosing youre fav weapon.
                  as myself would use any sniper rifle the game would give me i am pleased with the variety of rifles in this game thus making sniping in diffent ways possible.

i always prefer to master 1 gun and i like the m95 get a lot of kill assist with it .
                  when im close i no if i can hit um my pistol will make easy pickings at close range.

im more of drop me off near the flag sniper covering team m8 as they move in on the flag.if its clear ill join in.and usally stay for a bit just to defend it before i move on.
                  as u prefer the automatic snipers im gussing you like getting in the thick of the action as i reckon thats a good use for that gun.

ps any tip on the sight of that gun would be great as its way diffent to what im used to with m95

Comment

Snipers are gay.

Comment

• Re: calling all snipers

Sniper T: 24:00:22 K:1,496 D: 811 KDR:1.84
                      Sniper Rifles T: 13:57:42 K:506 D: 350 KDR:1.45 Acc:43.96%
                      Claymore T: 00:32:51 K:130 D:26 KDR:5.00
                      Pistols T: 09:32:26 K:957 D:732 KDR:1.31 Acc:24.35%

I almost always only snipe as USMC\SAS, I don't like the SVD or the M95.

I can play target watcher, sitting near a flag and waiting (my fav map for this is night flight, sit at 3 different flags and get good shots on people), or assault sniper on maps like karkand (my fav thing is when someone sees you and drops down into crouch or prone, making my job simple. boom. headshot), or supporting troops (usually on mashtuur).

It's my "lonewolf" class, when I'm playing on my own (not with clan or friends) if I'm USMC\SAS, I'll usually go sniper.

Highest one shot one kill streak is 8 kills with the M24 on Warlord. Highest Kill streak as a sniper is 16, defending cargo plane on Night Flight. I'm ranked top 400 in the world for pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashdown
                        Snipers are gay.
                        The flagpole of interest is at it's peak!

blade.verzilli just aim at the tip of the "arrow".

Comment

Using the M95 sniper rifle is just a game of silly buggers. With any of the other default rifles a head shot means a straight kill anyways and with the MEC/Chinese variety u get 6 pops at the duck, with the American default rifle you also only get one but it is a hell of a lot more accurate.

The only thing the M95 ever does for me is get me really annoyed and frusrtated with all the "kill damage assits" I get instead of proper kills!

Comment

Matthecat wtf this topic is over a month old....

Not to mention with the new patch m95 is almost as accurate as the m24.

Comment

Working...
                            X