Proformance Q'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proformance Q'

Ah, i just got some new upgrades for my comp and im just wondering can i run bf2 high ? ANd will i be getting any lag spikes ?

Amd Althon 2800+
    Pc3200 400mhz, 1.5gigs
    Nvidia 6800GT 256MB

Thanks.

Re: Proformance Q'

no not all high... but you will be able to put some **** on high...

Comment

Your CPU will slow you down a bit.

Just leave dynamic shadows and dynamic lights on medium and do not put AA higher than 2X and you should be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by redearedslider
        no not all high... but you will be able to put some **** on high...
        just a tip for u m8 trow away youre 350 watt power supply and put in the 500 watts ur pc and this game needs then try high

Comment

i can play with all on high 4 x aa and lightning on medium... all high fps in a 65 player game doesnt drop below 60... i wanted to buy a 500 watt power supply so i tried one from my friend... and than i used a zalman 350 watt and it was way cheaper and same performance change at all ... :P

so i concidered that

Comment

that's a 64 player game ^^

Comment

i can play with all on high 4 x aa and lightning on medium... all high fps in a 65 player game doesnt drop below 60... i wanted to buy a 500 watt power supply so i tried one from my friend... and than i used a zalman 350 watt and it was way cheaper and same performance change at all ... :P

so i concidered that
              cool but was the 500watt power supply have high ampage i.e 30a some of them dont ampage is very important i highly recomend 500+watts and minimum of 30 ampage

Comment

that's a 64 player game ^^
                There IS an edit button

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF
                  cool but was the 500watt power supply have high ampage i.e 30a some of them dont ampage is very important i highly recomend 500+watts and minimum of 30 ampage
                  Do you honestly have a clue what your talking about?? Because from reading your posts here im starting to think you dont, You do NOT need a 500 watt PSU to run this game or any other game, Unless your running an SLI system. Do you even know what part of your PSU is suposed to have 30 Amps?

Hell im running my system on an Antec True power 480 watt with 32 -36 amps on my 12v rails. That just goes to show you, you DO NOT need a 500 watt PSU, you DO NEED a reliable PSU with atleast 25 min amps on your 12v rails...

Comment

You only need a 500W PSU when you have components that all together need 500W.

Comment

Tipsy, I don't know much about psu's myself, but your post belittling the other guy pretty much proved that what he was saying was true because you basically have what he was talking about.

I came across this site that'll help you figure out how much power you need:

Power Supply Calculator - Select computer parts and our online PSU calculator will calculate the required power supply wattage and amperage for your PC.

There's also a very handy option on the bottom that lets you see how much power you are running/need based on useage, ie it'll give you your spike wattage.

I'm currently running a psu that, as best I can tell, is a 200w with a 400w max output. My system, according to that site, says I need at least a 380. I find it hard to believe what the psu says on the side because wouldn't the computer not even boot up? But anyway, I do plan on getting a new psu soon. My only "fear" is that replacing that, and possibly my mobo, won't show me any peformance boost at all. It's sort of like Pin-The-Tail-On-The-Donkey.

Comment

lag spike = internet, fps slowdown = computer parts. please use these terms in the correct context thnx!

Comment

That might be the generally accepted use of those terms but that's not necissarily true. I get "lag spikes" while playing in single player as well. My FPS can be up in the 60's and it'll still pause for a nanosecond (eh, well it's just not quite a whole second is what I mean to say), especially when I look left and right or am driving. This happens in several games, at least for me. I generally refer to it as lag or stutter, and "lag spikes" has popped into conversation before as well. It all depends on how I'm thinking at the moment. If I've been checking peformance graphs for a while, I'm more inclined to refer to it as a spike. Not because I noticed a spike in peformance, just because I've been looking at spikes all day.

Comment

powersupply doesnt mean ****... my psu is an A psu... so its a top brand.. means all the voltages and **** are just fine... so stop making people nervous with saying they need a 500 watt powersuplly ...

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF
                              just a tip for u m8 trow away youre 350 watt power supply and put in the 500 watts ur pc and this game needs then try high
                              PSU doesn't effect the game performance at all. Better have a Zalamn 350W quality PSU then a no-name 500W, because the last one will perform worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X