Recommend me settings for the stock 6800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me settings for the stock 6800

I have everything except AA on high on a stock 6800.

The AA is set to 2x. Im thinking about turning it off so the game runs even smoother. I get FPS ranging from 30-80, on various maps and various situations

I get laggy at the *start of the game* which i think is normal. Then it runs smooth. In some situations it gets a little choppy.

Re: Recommend me settings for the stock 6800

i have a few things set to medium...just because I dont see the need for everything turned to high. I only just got a 6800 though, and these were the settings from my last video card...haven't tried to up anything yet. But if it is lagging a bit, I just say lower some of the settings that you really don't need to be on high down to medium. AA is good, it helps get rid of the jagged edges so try to keep that

Comment

umm, if you like good graphics,dont turn off AA, instead turn down some settings like lighting and textures etc. AA makes it a whole bunch better. I have a gig and a half of ram and I play at all max 4xaa, but I have a GS, not a vanilla 6800. And if the game is choppy thats your ram not your vid card.

Comment

I have everything cranked (At 1024x768) on my stock 6800
        I think your lag at the start may be RAM not the card. (Could be wrong on this but think i recall a thread about it somewhere)

I have 2gb and no lag at the startup

**Edit** Guess I had this window open longer before Ireplied than I thought as the above mentioned ram too

Comment

im going to turn AA back up to 4x and shadows and light to medium

Comment

you may have a similar 6800u as me, which only has 128mb ram. the most significant option for you to edit would be lowering your textures. 128mb just doesn't have enough ass to handle textures on high. if you want the game to look better, get a more powerful card. this one will do the job, but don't expect to run high settings and get top of the line performance as well as eye candy.

as another in this thread suggested, also cut down dynamic lighting.

Comment

its no use to set the AA on 2x because you barely notice it, either turn it off or put it on 4X

Comment

My sets with a 6800 is all low 100% view distance and 1280x1024@60hz

Comment

Hi, i have a GF6600GT 128mb DDR3 and its overclocked a little, no point in telling u what as it resets every time, need better power supply. Anyways i have Anti-aliasing to 2X, its better than 0X and faster than 4X with a good level of detail. Main things for me is texture/detail/geometry, rest is pretty low give or take 2 mediums.

This game was designed to run on a government super computer...

Comment

Working...
                  X