Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• updates on the few servers problem?

Hey,

Like many who have posted previously, I am only able to see a few available BF2 servers. Strangely, the number of servers is always 8 and it's usually the same servers with few variations. Many have talked about only being able to see 400 or 200 or even 100 .... but 8? Also, this has been happening to me for months not days. In the distant past, before BF2:SF past, I was able to see many servers.

I've completed my due dilligence and reviewed previous threads discussing the issue. Most of the posts, however, are simply agreeing that they have the problem as well. The few informational posts that do exist point generally to an "EA server problem" without further detail.

Does anyone have more specific information as to why so few servers appears, the source of the problem, and are any fixes in the works?

Also, could this be an issue on my end?

Finally, I am about to purchase SF. Does SF suffer from the same problems?

Playing the same 8 servers 983984509837 times is fun but can get a little dry. You do get to meet the same people over and over again. That's a good thing at least.

Thanks,

Vitalix

Re: updates on the few servers problem?

Um... Its been working fine for me. Last week there was a "Connecting to Server" problem. I think its something on your part

Comment

Re: updates on the few servers problem?

It maybe because you have too many filters checked. Turn off some of your filters, I think the limit is 6 before it screws up. Try only having things like ranked, punkbuster,same version only, punkbuster and see what you get.

Comment

Working...
      X