pc wont read CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pc wont read CD

this is a problem im havin with my PC which has been gettin worse over the last few weeks, not just with BF2 but with other games as well. sometimes il try n load a game and il keep gettin an application errors until i have to reboot and reload.

well today its jyst got 10 times worse. BF2 wont even load now! it registers the cd being in the drive but it simply wont load. it was ok yeserday.

its a pc cdrom combo i have and its exactly 1 year old. do these things get dirty and have to be cleaned or what?

Re: pc wont read CD

Firstly if you search Google for '+BF2 +mini-image' then it'll fix your problem for BF2 but not other games.

Can you get another CD-ROM to see if it works better?

Comment

yeah other games are fine. its so weird. last nite it would run. today it runs no probs. right now it wont detect cd.

theres no logical reason for it

im gettin constant read errors runnin that alcohol program. the cdrom cant be that bad. it worked 2 hours ago!!

there's a read sub channel from disc file that was optional but i didnt tick it. could that be the reason for the errors?

if i do tick it how do i know what data source the cd is?

Comment

Originally posted by tonedog1
        im gettin constant read errors runnin that alcohol program. the cdrom cant be that bad. it worked 2 hours ago!!

there's a read sub channel from disc file that was optional but i didnt tick it. could that be the reason for the errors?

if i do tick it how do i know what data source the cd is?

i had the same prob my cd/dvd drive would not allways raed the disc i got a new cd/dvd drive a chep one and now its fine. its like dvd players £200 one will not play copys but a £30 one will.

Comment

right ive unistalled the game manually via the ea support forum instructions. now the drive wont detect the cd at all!!

that reason doesnt cut it. when i got the game 3 weeks ago it installed and ran no probs. i was playin it 2.5 hours ago but now it wont detect/run or install!!!

ive never had this problem b4 and it is relatively new pc (1 year old)

whats goin here. is it a protection issue or what??????

grrr

the manual says somethin about updatin firmware for the drive. anyone been here before??

Comment

ok this was an issue too. i fixed this about 3 months ago. turn off ur comp and open ur comp up. the little belt tht is attached to the cd tht leads to ur psu.... make sure the belt is FIRMLY in the cd thing. push it HARD to the point u noe it is stuck in there. not REALLY stuck. u noe wht i mean. but press it in and restart. c if it works. worked for me.

Comment

it was worth a try but alas no success. im convinced it must some protection issue but when windows wont even read the cd im screwed.

normally i would say the cd must be finished but as i said i was playin from it earlier on today

Comment

ive downloaded a firmware file from samsung. its a bin file. so where does it go?

Comment

cmon guys can no one help. why wont my pc detect the cd in the drive?

Comment

has it been configured correctly in the bios? is it showing in my computer with correct drive letter?

Comment

the cd u mean? its not showin up in my computer at all. ive had faulty cd's before and even fautly cd's show up on the system!

???

Comment

my was ok for about one month then i would have to keep puting the cd/dvd in and out untill it would read it is this what you have to do if so its like i said in my other post.look at page 17 in you bf2 manual problems installing the game/detecting the disc.

Comment

yeah i tryed the firmware stiff as well but no joy. i tryed everything but gave up the ghost today and swapped it for world war 2 online.

guess my short lived BF2 career is over

Comment

did you try looking in the bios mate??? v important, you need to check to see if it has been recognised, if not then you know its not connected correctlythen check connections. go in to bios/ standard cmos setup and then autodetect the drives!also you could try assigning it a letter by right clicking my computer/manage/disk management.

Comment

Originally posted by tonedog1
                              yeah i tryed the firmware stiff as well but no joy. i tryed everything but gave up the ghost today and swapped it for world war 2 online.

guess my short lived BF2 career is over
                              there might be another problem.... maybe it is the cd. i bought nba live 2005 and my comp wouldnt read it. it read madden but not nba. i exchanged it and it worked. i think ea puts out blank cd on accident.

Comment

Working...
                              X