Video Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Issue

After about an hour and a half to two hours of play my screen starts to show signs of pixels and squares flickering. Then after a few more minutes I get distortions in the screen shooting out from the centre to the edges (see image).

This eventually causes the computer to freeze after several hours of play, getting so bad at times I can barely see anything anymore.
    I recently updated my video drivers and it seems to have calmed it down a bit, but I'm still getting these flickerings and distortions (no crashes so far).
    I've included my dxdiag report (zipped as the .txt exceeded forum limits), but in short my specs are:

AMD Athlon 3500+
    nVidia 6600 128meg
    1GB DDR RAM
    300GB Hard Drive

My video settings are set to:

1024X768 70Hz (same problem at 60Hz)
    Medium settings on everything
    2X Anti-Alias
    View Distance 90%

I have the expansion pack and the latest patches.
    Any ideas what might be causing this and how it can be treated?

EDIT: I can't see the attachment I tried to put on the post, don't know if I've done something wrong as a result. I'll copy out my dxdiag file if anyone really needs it.

Re: Video Issue

Do you have the latest chipset drivers? Not just the ones that come with install CD.

Have you tried cleaning out old drivers and reinstalling video drivers??

Look here(where it says ATI just think Nvidia): http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showp...16&postcount=3

Attaching your dxdiag (in a zip file if it is too large in size) won't hurt as it makes it much easier for ppl to help and troubleshoot for you.

Comment

looks like over heating....

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
        looks like over heating....
        Yup...

Comment

It's very doubtful it's overheating, the PC is somewhat new (so very little dust atm) and the air inside the computer is not warm at all.

Comment

I get the same mate, black bits just appear everywhere at random points in the game. It'll be fine one minute then the next there will be loads of glitches everywhere. It happened since I installed a new mobo and installed a second 6600GT, so I have an SLI setup. Got latest drivers, do you think I should re-install bF2?

Comment

Originally posted by Hathaway
              It's very doubtful it's overheating, the PC is somewhat new (so very little dust atm) and the air inside the computer is not warm at all.

Doesn't mean the heat sink on the card could be seated badly, not alowing it to dissapate all the heat. It's just a guess, can't really diagnose these thing over theinternet so well.

What PSU do you have?

Comment

I'm afraid I'm not savvy with much technical lingo so you'll have to explain lol.

Just to respond to Gunny Highway I have installed the latest drivers from nVidia's website rather then just the ones that came with the CD. Also I tried attaching a zip (as I posted saying so in my post), but it apparently failed for reasons unknown.

The only other reason I doubt the PC is overheating is because I've not had any issues with other games after long periods of play. Demanding games such as Doom 3, Half Life 2 and Counterstrike: Source for example have not experienced any similar problems, or any problems at all.

Comment

Working...
                X